• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect he'll come crawling back to us when the 9970 is released and beats a titan. ;)

It might beat a Titan but then again it might not. Having said that the HD 9970 being a top end mainstream card, it's job will be to beat the GTX 770 and HD 7970 by a fair margin for a reasonable price. If it can do even better then that is a bonus.

Yes it was fixed ages ago but i just wondered if they would include the frame pacing algorithm for single gpu as well.

Thats cool and I dont see why not :D Can't wait to try theses drivers and see what the fuse is about.
Looking at the Youtube side by side prototype vids you can clearly see the difference, but when playing games now with 13.6 I dont notice the stutter?

I also noticed on the footage the frame pacing driver had less screen tear.

Thats cool and I dont see why not :D Can't wait to try theses drivers and see what the fuse is about.
Looking at the Youtube side by side prototype vids you can clearly see the difference, but when playing games now with 13.6 I dont notice the stutter?

I also noticed on the footage the frame pacing driver had less screen tear.

Generally you need to have the video slowed down to 0.25x or whatever to see or feel the effects. However the issue is there on some titles for sure, but as we've seen its no way near as bad as has been made out. Sleeping dogs and Farcry 3 are the only games i have issue with currently. Sleeping dogs can be 95% solved by using vsync.

This.

The game is just completely broken and the developer couldn't give a monkeys about PC gamers. iirc its just as bad on multi Nvidia cards too where 100fps feels like 15fps.

It plays ok on NVidia setups but yes the fps are quite low and the game does not really use the hardware. Is it a similar experience with AMD multi setups ?

It plays ok on NVidia setups but yes the fps are quite low and the game does not really use the hardware. Is it a similar experience with AMD multi setups ?

The game is a mess on both Nvidia and AMD... You know the funny thing FC4 is coming out and they expect us to buy it?

I said this couple months back Ubisoft will be next big company to close its doors, mark my words.

They hasn't been a single game I have played from Ubisoft witch just works. Even Ghost Recon F2P is a mess. Its not just PC either my last Ubi game on PS3 was also a mess and from what I understand still has issue Ghost Recon FS.

Ubisoft is the worst game Development Company out there.

It just generally runs like plop, utilisation isn't great, dare you look in any direction it stutters its way to making you want to drop kick your monitor into the sun :p

As Matt said though, Blood Dragon runs perfect, which just go's to show how lazy and un-supportive Ubisoft are to PC gamers, as its the same engine, they obviously know how to fix it, but won't.

Seem to be another one of these developers that haven't quite gotten the grasp of coding DX11 games yet, they make a mess of it then just leave it for the end user to be disappointed.

It just generally runs like plop, utilisation isn't great, dare you look in any direction it stutters its way to making you want to drop kick your monitor into the sun :p

As Matt said though, Blood Dragon runs perfect, which just go's to show how lazy and un-supportive Ubisoft are to PC gamers, as its the same engine, they obviously know how to fix it, but won't.

Seem to be another one of these developers that haven't quite gotten the grasp of coding DX11 games yet, they make a mess of it then just leave it for the end user to be disappointed.

So all round with AMD and NVidia, Farcry 3 is "£$%

I will have to retest but thinking about it FC3 actually gives lower fps than Crysis 3 on my Titans, this is bad.:D

So all round with AMD and NVidia, Farcry 3 is "£$%

I will have to retest but thinking about it FC3 actually gives lower fps than Crysis 3 on my Titans, this is bad.:D

Please do, just been trying and looks like its fixed on the latest beta.(running win8)

Tried sli and tri sli,both worked very well.(everything maxed) :)

Still has the same issue of crashing when the match finishes :(

New AMD Drivers folks. Get your hands out your pants crossfire users, these are not the frame pacing drivers. Those are due 31st this month, not long to go.

The most interesting thing to note from this driver is this line 'Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations'

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved

System Requirements:

Window® 8.1 Release Preview (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit, with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit, with SP2 or higher)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise
OpenSUSE
Ubuntu
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series

Download Link
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_Win8.1_Release_Preview_V2-13.15.100.1.exe

New AMD Drivers folks. Get your hands out your pants crossfire users, these are not the frame pacing drivers. Those are due 31st this month, not long to go.

The most interesting thing to note from this driver is this line 'Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations'

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved

System Requirements:

Window® 8.1 Release Preview (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit, with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit, with SP2 or higher)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise
OpenSUSE
Ubuntu
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series

Download Link
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_Win8.1_Release_Preview_V2-13.15.100.1.exe

Nice will get these installed now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom