• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sort it just shortly bud, cards may be long gone but still looking forward to the results of these betas!!

Are the ogl betas separate to the 13.6 betas, or a replacement for them?

I'll sort it just shortly bud, cards may be long gone but still looking forward to the results of these betas!!

Are the ogl betas separate to the 13.6 betas, or a replacement for them?

Good lad. You will be missed.

Yes they are. They're the new Windows 8.1 preview drivers, however they work fine with Windows 7/8. Infact im using them myself on Windows 8 now with no problems. Definitely newer drivers and caps than 13.6 beta 2.

st6ie2n.jpg

Added :)

Don't worry, you know what I'm like, I'll be back :D

Since the start of last year I've gone...

6950 CF>7970>6950>670>7970>460>7970CF and soon to be 780 LTG, so guess what follows next?? :p

I hope they get crossfire fixed its nice to have choices :)

Its not broken so to speak, in its current state, it just has room for improvement which is what the new drivers should give, taking away the last little bit of ammo from the green team in the process :)

But yes, with these we essentially have a completely level playing field for multi-GPU users, both should act and perform as well as one another.

Added :)

Don't worry, you know what I'm like, I'll be back :D

Since the start of last year I've gone...

6950 CF>7970>6950>670>7970>460>7970CF and soon to be 780 LTG, so guess what follows next?? :p

I hope as well as the frame pacing, they can pull a '12.11 never settle' performance gain out the bag. Unlikely but stranger things have happened. Fingers and toes crossed. :p

Its not broken so to speak, in its current state, it just has room for improvement which is what the new drivers should give, taking away the last little bit of ammo from the green team in the process :)

But yes, with these we essentially have a completely level playing field for multi-GPU users, both should act and perform as well as one another.

Spot on.

I don't think it will give performance gains just now, but now that its sorted they can certainly put focus into getting the absolute best performance from multiple cards

I'm am expecting a nice clock for clock perf bump from GCN 2.0 cards though, 9970's to sit between a 780 and Titan* to see AMD through BF4's launch then on with the 20nm goodies next year :D

*With over voltage, possibly still to 1.3-1.4v, could make a laughing stock of volt locked GK110's.

Edit: While I remember matt, once I get my 780 we can easy do some comparison testing on various games etc...get some percentage figures out to the masses.

Last edited:
I don't think it will give performance gains just now, but now that its sorted they can certainly put focus into getting the absolute best performance from multiple cards

I'm am expecting a nice clock for clock perf bump from GCN 2.0 cards though, 9970's to sit between a 780 and Titan* to see AMD through BF4's launch then on with the 20nm goodies next year :D

*With over voltage, possibly still to 1.3-1.4v, could make a laughing stock of volt locked GK110's.

Edit: While I remember matt, once I get my 780 we can easy do some comparison testing on various games etc...get some percentage figures out to the masses.

You expect the 9970 to only fall between the 780 and titan? So that will be what,20%.....maybe? I was thinking about holding out for them but I am gonna try 780 SLI after all I think.

Yeah, like many a think amd will go for a large hot chip on 28nm, if it wasn't for bf4 amd would probably have held out for 20nm and titan killing perf.

I'll be getting 1 780 now, see what the 9970's can do then decide if I'll get a second or move to 9970's.

One thing for sure, the competition is brilliant, just need amd to be sensible with pricing now!

Yeah, like many a think amd will go for a large hot chip on 28nm, if it wasn't for bf4 amd would probably have held out for 20nm and titan killing perf.

I'll be getting 1 780 now, see what the 9970's can do then decide if I'll get a second or move to 9970's.

One thing for sure, the competition is brilliant, just need amd to be sensible with pricing now!

Will you be waiting until the HD 9970 launches before going water on the GTX 780.

Will you be waiting until the HD 9970 launches before going water on the GTX 780.

That entirely depends on ek, they're usually a good 8 weeks at the earliest for getting blocks to market after lightning release, so it may just tie in with the 9970 release.

If they have blocks out very soon after launch it would be rude not to put it under water :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom