• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic

Suarez
Say Suarez left Liverpool would start a new account? :D
Looks like he now staying with us though, and so he should for one more season at least.
Pay back the support we have given him.

Nah he's still a fantastic player, I might have to ask a mod to remove the number 7 though if he changes number :p

New AMD Drivers folks. Get your hands out your pants crossfire users, these are not the frame pacing drivers. Those are due 31st this month, not long to go.

The most interesting thing to note from this driver is this line 'Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations'

AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

NOTE! This Catalyst Driver is provided “AS IS”, and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver:

Full support for OpenGL 4.3
Resolved Issues:

Enduro Technology on AMD + AMD Ubuntu platforms - Source Engine games hang when running on the High Performance ASIC
Maya 2011-2013 – Various visual corruptions issues have been resolved
Maya 2011-2013 – Mesh/Polygons selection performance has been improved
Unigine Heaven – Intermittent Crashes have been resolved
Unigine Heaven – Performance has been improved up to 11% on single GPU configurations
Left 4 Dead 2 – Visual corruption issues have been resolved

System Requirements:

Window® 8.1 Release Preview (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit, with SP1 or higher)
Windows Vista (32 & 64-bit, with SP2 or higher)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
SUSE Linux Enterprise
OpenSUSE
Ubuntu
AMD Product Compatibility:

AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 7000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6000M Series
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000M Series

Download Link
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_Win8.1_Release_Preview_V2-13.15.100.1.exe

Time to dust off my pc and get benching it seems :D

Be more interested in the Microstutter fix driver. I was playing bf3 with most settings' to ultra (no aa or hbao, vsync on) at 4800x900 and done a fraps benchmark on a 64 kharg server. Surprisingly I was getting an average of 60fps though it doesn't feel anywhere near that, for the most part it was Microstutter heaven with a few moments where you could feel that the Microstutter was easing off, when it eased off it felt and looked great but as I said it was only for small segments.

2013-07-24 01:47:42 - bf3
Frames: 140998 - Time: 2387673ms - Avg: 59.052 - Min: 38 - Max: 64

Just hope this driver does the business, if bf3 could feel and look how it did when the Microstutter was easing off it would be much more preferable to dumping most things on low. And hopefully do for bf4 as well.

Be more interested in the Microstutter fix driver. I was playing bf3 with most settings' to ultra (no aa or hbao, vsync on) at 4800x900 and done a fraps benchmark on a 64 kharg server. Surprisingly I was getting an average of 60fps though it doesn't feel anywhere near that, for the most part it was Microstutter heaven with a few moments where you could feel that the Microstutter was easing off, when it eased off it felt and looked great but as I said it was only for small segments.

2013-07-24 01:47:42 - bf3
Frames: 140998 - Time: 2387673ms - Avg: 59.052 - Min: 38 - Max: 64

Just hope this driver does the business, if bf3 could feel and look how it did when the Microstutter was easing off it would be much more preferable to dumping most things on low. And hopefully do for bf4 as well.

Use bf3 config to limit the fps to 62 with sync off.

For some reason my setup doesn't like 59fps.

Use bf3 config to limit the fps to 62 with sync off.

For some reason my setup doesn't like 59fps.

Tried that but for what I've seen the way its playing with the choppiness it definitely appears to be a Microstutter issue.

It could be a high Mesh setting that is making the stutter worse.

Dunno if it is or not, prefer to keep the mesh on max as that's essentially model draw distance from what ive seen people say on forums.

Tried that but for what I've seen the way its playing with the choppiness it definitely appears to be a Microstutter issue.

Dunno if it is or not, prefer to keep the mesh on max as that's essentially model draw distance from what ive seen people say on forums.

Its not player draw distance though, its like walls and fences etc

Hmm odd, enabled 2xfsaa and its still playable, the one thing ive noticed after using the bf3 config utility is tanks kicking up an absolute assload of dust. Was playing armoured shield and it was literally like a load of moving dust clouds. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom