• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
This driver will never get released, it's wishful thinking that it will magically fix stuttering which is probably down to the hardware.

Why would it "never get released"? Its going to be a few days late but will be released. I doubt it going to do a DNF fort 12 years, but at the same time its something amd should have fixed literally years ago. Its only now that reviews are focusing on frame pacing its made them get their thumbs out. :mad:

They already lost me. Im not hating cos I really want to see these drivbers happen but it's a false promise. When the frame pacing stuff kicked off they were hardly going to say there is no fix with the 7990 being sold were they.

I want to believe the drivers will be here later in the week and they will release a card at least as fast as the 780 in a few weeks time. I really do.

Chill out everyone :)

What would you rather have, the driver now with a potential bug (which I presume is behind the delay). Or have the fully fixed thing in a few days?

Imagine the flak they would get if it was released and they found card killing issues like Nvidia had with 320.18?

If these had gone out and it'd broken some systems people would be up in arms about how AMD released drivers that weren't ready just to meet the deadline. A day or two is nothing, they're drivers not medical supplies.

Chill out everyone :)

What would you rather have, the driver now with a potential bug (which I presume is behind the delay). Or have the fully fixed thing in a few days?

Imagine the flak they would get if it was released and they found card killing issues like Nvidia had with 320.18?

Its more the fact they were tweeting about it being released later today that's annoyed most people, why tweet about something being out later today if they don't know themselves?

If these had gone out and it'd broken some systems people would be up in arms about how AMD released drivers that weren't ready just to meet the deadline. A day or two is nothing, they're drivers not medical supplies.

Mighta been upgrade time courtesy of amd if that had happened :D

Some strong overreacting going on lol. It's just a driver people, I'm sure you can fill your time with 100 things more productive whilst waiting. I'd rather wait and see them release it in the best potential way than chuck some buggy POS driver out that damages cards or messes up in some games.

Lets hope it will be worth the weight.

AMD just announced the new Never Settle, 8 cracking games and yes BF4 is one of them. If I was cynical I'd say it is compensation for an issue they can't fix (frame pacing).

Some strong overreacting going on lol. It's just a driver people, I'm sure you can fill your time with 100 things more productive whilst waiting. I'd rather wait and see them release it in the best potential way than chuck some buggy POS driver out that damages cards or messes up in some games.

+1

I'm off to play some Rome Total War.

Yay AMD... no wait, I mean what a bunch of tools. :rolleyes:

Tell people months ago, "We will release the best driver ever on the 31st July". 31st of July comes, erm what driver would that be? :D:D:D:D

People keep saying AMD drivers suck, the best way for AMD to prove them right is make absolute fools out of themselves. Hello mouth, meet foot.

Last edited:
Been sai before radeonpro will never be combined with ccc, because rp has features that can break games.
Japamd said thus when I asked him about it.

Exactly mate. They merged it and had it running a few choice games with tweaking as a "look dont worry" sample for media but it could never be released. Just saying its possible not that its a fact. At the mo it seems more likely than me getting these drivers :p

Yay AMD... no wait, I mean what a bunch of tools. :rolleyes:

Tell people months ago, "We will release the best driver ever on the 31st July". 31st of July comes, erm what driver would that be? :D:D:D:D

People keep saying AMD drivers suck, the best way for AMD to prove them right is make absolute fools out of themselves. Hello mouth, meet foot.

Yes because they're the only company ever to delay something a couple of days. Where do people keep saying AMD drivers suck? As lately nvidia seem to be having more issues getting a decent driver out. People seem to have it in their heads that AMD have delayed the driver just to annoy people when it's pretty obvious they've delayed it to do what they've said and make tweaks.

The other theory I posted a few days ago which I think is more likely true is they panicked when the frame pacing shizzle happened and showed people basically what was 12 years of work....70% of a fixed it driver. However for 11 and a half years they have been unable to work out how to sort the other 30%. They were forced into saying the drivers are due as the 7990 was released and getting slated in the media

@Orangey-sounds about right.

@Suarez7- I'm not worked up over it, just interested in this sort of stuff and like talking about it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom