• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just wait and see shall we. With no info on new GPUs AMD need to concentrate on their drivers and so far they've done pretty well.

I'm sure the drivers and some reviews will be out soon.

Hey at least we dont have to test a new driver every other day like nvidia now :D

Seems like they poop out something ''new'' everyday atm.

(no hate towards nvidia so don't bite, just saying releasing do many drivers a month makes no sense)

Hey at least we dont have to test a new driver every other day like nvidia now :D

Seems like they poop out something ''new'' everyday atm.

(no hate towards nvidia so don't bite, just saying releasing do many drivers a month makes no sense)

Careful Kun, you know how people take take things on these forums, just ask Joe. ;):D

Tbh I'm quite pleased with how the majority of the red crowd have dealt with nvidias recent driver issues, hasn't been much baiting that I've seen.

When I first heard about the kill driver (320.18?) My first thought was "forum is going to go nuts with ban hammers at the ready" but fortunately it didn't turn out that way :)

I'd like both teams to have rock solid drivers consistently, that way focus could be placed on performance and scaling improvements over stability.

i think AMD'll be waiting for Reviews to come out before the post these. They got such bad press when the 7990 came out, they'll want to try and get some really good press around this

They sound ready then :)

From what I'm hearing we will get two drivers, frame pace will come wrapped up with a beta tag, while a whql driver will also be released, probably 13.6 + ogl with certification.

Do [H] etc have these drivers already? I would like to see benches as I am about to invest in a xfire setup but the results may influence my decision. Not necessarily looking for FPS increases but want to hear people's thoughts on how the new frame pacing stuff feels and what improvement they make to xfire setups.

Do [H] etc have these drivers already? I would like to see benches as I am about to invest in a xfire setup but the results may influence my decision. Not necessarily looking for FPS increases but want to hear people's thoughts on how the new frame pacing stuff feels and what improvement they make to xfire setups.

I haven't tried the new drivers but then I haven't really had any trouble with my crossfire setup either. Skyrim was a bit ropey when it first came out but now it plays as smooth as silk. I guess the only game I'd like to see better performance on is Far Cry 3. I know my computer is better than it appears to be in Far Cry 3 because I can play Crysis 3 with much better settings.

Just like most things some games work better with certain setups. I am looking forward to these new drivers though. It'll be interesting to see what difference they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom