• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

If they can keep the price down AND add hardware ray tracing, it could be great for mid range. If it’s just a repackaged 7000 series, it’s doa

We have one leak at 64 CU's 2.9Ghz - 3.2Ghz and now this leak with 56 CU's at 2.1Ghz, very different...

Probably because it's very likely ********.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And it's Grim's fault for spreading the said trash here :cry:
I don't watch

He isnt capable of speaking English properly, he also seems to think "nm" is a word when its not. It's an abbreviation for nanometre which is probably too difficult for him. He comes across to me as someone with only primary school education and yet thousands of similarly brain-dead people watch his rubbish.

Yes, I thoroughly despise him and his "content".

Last edited:
So is the expectation that the RDNA5 will see a return to the enthusiast segment or are AMD fully done at that level?

Not with RDNA 4, as we understand it at this point around £550 give or take 10% will be the highest range, around RTX 4080 performance.

Other rumours are that the Ray Tracing performance will be 2X higher per RT core than RDNA 3, the PS5 Pro has the same RT tech from RDNA 4 and Sony have already claimed a 3X RT performance improvement, but that's also with about 30% more cores.

Not with RDNA 4, as we understand it at this point around £550 give or take 10% will be the highest range, around RTX 4080 performance.

Other rumours are that the Ray Tracing performance will be 2X higher per RT core than RDNA 3, the PS5 Pro has the same RT tech from RDNA 4 and Sony have already claimed a 3X RT performance improvement, but that's also with about 30% more cores.
£550 for 4080 performance is what most people in the DIY market are looking for.

Most people are still Nvidia 3060 it below tier GPUs.

I got my son Wukong for his 7900 XT at 1440p. In his opinion with full RT it is playable with FSR 50% and FG on with a joypad. It gets mid 50s FPS average and to me was fine to watch but I didn’t try playing it.

I was quite happy with FSR at 50% and to be fair even FG did not give any obvious IQ issues. AMD have improved it a lot compared to earlier versions.

Get RT and FSR updated and 4080 like performance for £550 and it will be decent from AMD. Do it for £500 and you have such better price/perf.

Back
Top Bottom