• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

I think the only thing way it’ll be £500-550 at launch is if performance is at most 15% more than a 7800XT, if however it’s 40% then AMD won’t be able to resist a cash grab at launch then lower pricing after Nvidia launch the 5000 series.

More than likely, unfortunately.

I mean in terms of performance I couldn't care how it turns out, barely bother gaming anymore so upgrades for the sake of upgrading are a nope, currently.

Ah, OK fair enough. I’m 56 and still enjoy gaming. Though I have moved from the one year cycle to a three or four year cycle.

I think the only thing way it’ll be £500-550 at launch is if performance is at most 15% more than a 7800XT, if however it’s 40% then AMD won’t be able to resist a cash grab at launch then lower pricing after Nvidia launch the 5000 series.

It will be interesting to see how AMD (Allow Mistakes Daily) mess this up.

Ah, OK fair enough. I’m 56 and still enjoy gaming. Though I have moved from the one year cycle to a three or four year cycle.

I'm on the 'if a game gets my interest' cycle currently. Had a 3080ti for a year and it spent 99% of its time rendering windows, so downgraded to a vega 64 last year. Still handles gta 5 at ok settings, surprisingly.

I'm on the 'if a game gets my interest' cycle currently. Had a 3080ti for a year and it spent 99% of its time rendering windows, so downgraded to a vega 64 last year. Still handles gta 5 at ok settings, surprisingly.

Not good game that, Windows, keeps respawning me when i least expect it and without first asking me if i want to save my progress. Literally does it right in the middle of a dungeon level.

Last edited:
Not good game that, Windows, keeps respawning me when i least expect it and without first asking me if i want to save my progress. Literally does it right in the middle of a dungeon level.

Could do with a patch or 2, err sorry 'update', not allowed to call them patches anymore.:eek:

And if £600 for 4070TiS is what you get? AMD are also deluded enough to think that FSR 3.1 is equal to the latest DLSS now, no more word on them working on improvement that's for sure.
I'm making a statement here.
People are looking for a GPU that is 4080 performance for around £550 or less

People aren't after less for more.

It's why this generation of GPU from a consumer point has done poorly.

I'm making a statement here.
People are looking for a GPU that is 4080 performance for around £550 or less

People aren't after less for more.

It's why this generation of GPU from a consumer point has done poorly.

Very true. I regretted getting a used 4080 for £900, let alone the £1270 they were looking for them new.

Trying my son’s 7900 XT at 1400p with RT on in Wukong with FSR and FG is actually not terrible experience, yet for him it is perfectly playable. My 4080 is obviously a lot faster at that res and settings without FG. Having said that the RT on vs off is still not worth the FPS hit on either GPU IMHO. Anyone convincing themselves RT is just amazing are delusional IMHO. I have ran on vs off back to back for well over a few hours and always come away concluding that RT off with better FPS and no FG is a much more fluid experience. Even when capped at 60 FPS.

Oh and FSR is perfectly useable now, not as good as DLSS but hardly another night and day difference.

So for the majority the Nvidia tax for the “premium” features is just pure BS IMHO. Both Nvidia and AMD need to get realistic with their prices.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom