• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

For sure, if people want RT they're already buying nV and it'll have to massively surpass that to change their minds (as XTX is already only 2 tiers behind nV for the price in RT - just below 4070ti)

If they manage to challenge DLSS in any serious way, that'd be more likely to turn some heads (I mostly play ARK:SA, but even that should be getting proper FSR support soon and AFMF already works pretty well there IMO)

Edit: Ok so i was just looking at the combined RT perf graphs, looking at specific games that matter (i.e. CP77), it's more like 3+ tiers! (below 4070S)

Last edited:
This is the unknown quantity of the rumours. The RT in RDNA3 is just OK until you start getting to higher settings. So AMD need to be getting a big improvement there to at least 4070Ti Super levels.

So just about 4080 for £500 is decent but not great. The obvious problem is that if this is indeed AMDs top end RDNA4, then Nvidia absolutely will shaft us on the 50x0 pricing.

I would so love it to be good, but native raster isn't the bar anymore (at least not to me). I rely on DLSS to get to where I want to be with my 3080 and even when I upgrade I imagine it'll still be the same. DLSS looks good and enables games to be much more graphically demanding.Native Res in so many titles is just unplayable and I like RT too, everything does look better...even if it just makes things cleaner with no lighting pop-in...but with current prices I'm looking at a 2nd hand 4080 (s if I get lucky) which I reckon I might get for £600-£650 when the new cards come out.

The only joker I can see AMD having is Sony's upscaler - if that works and it's maybe a higher clocked version of the PS5 pro card - and developers get onboard - then it could be something.

Back
Top Bottom