• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

I'm running my GPU at touching distance of a 4070 Ti, its effectively a 16GB 4070 Ti in Raster and even for the same power consumption, £480.

Well what does that tell you about the rumoured performance and price then? It is a joke!

Not that I would even take a 7900xtx over my 4070 Ti. But still.

Oh and I play most games 120-140w with my tuned profile.

So if the 16GB 8800 XT is £500 - £550 and matches the 4080 raster and comes close in RT, how is that a bad deal?

At 4K the 4080 is 25% faster than a 4070Ti in raster and about 50% faster in RT. That 12GB VRAM really hurts it here but DLSS helps save it a bit.

Exciting if it is coming soon.
Not sure whether to wait or just pick up a 7800xt now, as these are starting to get a bit cheaper.

Well what does that tell you about the rumoured performance and price then? It is a joke!

Not that I would even take a 7900xtx over my 4070 Ti. But still.

Oh and I play most games 120-140w with my tuned profile.

Is the 4070 Ti, £800, still, a joke? 4080 level performance at half the money, you go in to the Intel GPU thread what you will find there is people hyping up Battlemage to exactly that level and going nutty at the idea of it, desperately wishing it in to being.

Only when its branded AMD can this be bad. that's the joke, and its a crap one, its not funny.

Last edited:
Only place this will match a 4080 is in AMD's own slides, and we know how reliable they are ;)

I'd put money on it!

It doesn't matter what it is, the point is to a very loud number of people, and they number not insignificantly, it can never be good, or even just OK, only ever bad, some people have an extreme xenophobic reaction to GPU's, its crazy...

Last edited:
Sounds like it might be a decent card. Can't wait to see some reviews. :cool:

I love all the back and forth on what people think pricing should be. It'll be whatever it wants to be and you either buy it cause you like the product and it fits your needs, or you don't. Stop getting hung up on things you can't change.
:cry: I'm with @humbug here, the lets bash AMD brigade are out in force atm. It must be a slow news day in the Nvidia threads so people are jumping across to give us their daily 2p and remind us as to why AMD is bad m'kay! Maybes GPU forum should be sub-sectioned off to AMD, Intel and Nvidia and you can only be subscribed to one. lol.

Is the 4070 Ti, £800, still, a joke? 4080 level performance at half the money, you go in to the Intel GPU thread what you will find there is people hyping up Battlemage to exactly that level and going nutty at the idea of it, desperately wishing it in to being.

Only when its branded AMD can this be bad. that's the joke, and its a crap one, its not funny.

Lol. Why are you asking such a stupid question mate?

We already know nvidia prices are a joke?

Sounds like it might be a decent card. Can't wait to see some reviews. :cool:

I love all the back and forth on what people think pricing should be. It'll be whatever it wants to be and you either buy it cause you like the product and it fits your needs, or you don't. Stop getting hung up on things you can't change.
:cry: I'm with @humbug here, the lets bash AMD brigade are out in force atm. It must be a slow news day in the Nvidia threads so people are jumping across to give us their daily 2p and remind us as to why AMD is bad m'kay! Maybes GPU forum should be sub-sectioned off to AMD, Intel and Nvidia and you can only be subscribed to one. lol.

Yeah, Xenophobic reactions, this forum is nothing, we get a very very slight spill over from Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, tech jurno forums... where a lot of people look like they belong in a padded cell, it actually is insane, very toxic tribalism (for lol...GPU's!) which exists on the AMD side too but Nvidia's tribe dwarfs it not just in size but also levels of crazy.

Its not healthy, its the real reason we have no competition.

Last edited:
As always with amd now, my approach is wait until out in the wild and see what is what. They have shown absolutely nothing in recent years which have been true/lived up to the hype but sadly, it's the amd fanboys that don't do them any favours either by jumping on the hype train and providing even more steam only to end up going straight of the bridge and ending up in a fire ball :p I'm really hoping amd get their RT sorted though, the amount of RT and now PT titles shown there is insane! :D Also, they need to get their upscaling sorted big time too. Hopefully with their massive software investment they'll have something to compete with ray reconstruction, rtx hdr soon too.

I’ve made my guess based on previous real world AMD new gen GPU increases. 25% - 30% (at best) for rasterisation. This would put it between a 7900XT and a 4080 for raster. RT performance, well sorry all bets are off other than better than a 7900XT or 3080 but that’s a low bar. :cry:

I will be surprised if it genuinely meets the RT performance given in the leak.

Reality and AMD marketing are rarely in the same ball park these days. Unfortunately they seem to have taken a leaf out of Nvidia’s book on the levels of BS their marketing publishes.

This past few releases from both Nvidia and AMD have been utter jokes with pricing and their naming/renaming BS. I’m convinced that trend will continue as Nvidia keep bumping up their prices and AMD keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Last edited:
Basically a 7900 XTX with less VRAM. 2 (3?) years later for £300 less. Guess it's something. Not sure it's really all that enticing.

This is going to be RX480 level of hype...

It really isn’t and all I see is you and others trying to push a narrative nobody has remotely claimed. I have seen absolutely zero hype, just people managing expectations based on logic rather than hype. As Poneros said above, a 7900 XTX only a fair bit cheaper, so hardly enticing. I believe it will be marginally better than a 7900 XT but with better RT.

That in itself is not a bad thing if the price is right. Not crap and not terrible.

Back
Top Bottom