• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** The AMD RDNA 4 Rumour Mill ***

I think it will be a 7900 XT in Raster and hoping for 4070Ti in RT. It will need to be more like $550 IMHO, $700 would be silly money again.

RT and upscaling are obviously not fads and AMD are working to improve both.

Take 7900xtx raster, add 4080 level of hardware RT and a hardware driven upscaler. Keep it in the $700 price range and AMD got themselves a good winner with rnda4. Trying to price creep their hardware alongside nvidia isn’t going to work so find your own swim lane. Upscaling and RT aren’t fads and need to be appropriately addressed.

Thankfully a lot of the amd fans and owners on amd reddit are now realising this despite originally calling these "gimmicks" for many years/months and are now calling on amd to do better. The fact more and more new games are no longer allowing you to turn off RT at all should give amd the kick up the ass they need now especially when you are seeing 3-4 year old nvidia gpus matching/beat the current gen amd offerings, not a good look at all.

Reactions: TNA
My comment was on topic fyi as it addressed a mention about a game in relation to how it runs on the hardware and I was tagged to share that knowledge so yeah.

AMD do need to improve FSR with RDNA 4, it needs to be at the hardware level and frankly they shouldn't even wait for RDNA 4, RDNA 3 has a powerful AI engine, just like Nvidia.

But yeah, FSR is very much also a question about RDNA 4.

Last edited:
I think it will be a 7900 XT in Raster and hoping for 4070Ti in RT.

This from all available info seems to be what AMD will have as their highest end option for RDNA4 which is ok but the price needs to be low to be competitive or Nvidia will simply wipe the board clean.

7900XTX owners won't really have an upgrade path until RDNA5.

Last edited:
AMD need to stop being frightened of having something that is exclusive to their hardware.

I think the problem amd had and still does have is that because of their position i.e. being last to the market and with an inferior solution many months/years later, they then have to release it in such a way so as to not get too much hate because they can then hide behind the "it's free (even though it never is free.....)", "anyone can use it" which gives them somewhat of a get out of jail card to play but as we have witnessed, this approach is no longer good enough and backfiring on them because of how far behind they are now and getting called out by their own users and tech press on the situation hence why they are now investing into their software department.

Given RDNA 4 RT is supposedly changing drastically, I think we can expect to see some changes surrounding FSR.

Last edited:
I think the problem amd had and still does have is that because of their position i.e. being last to the market and with an inferior solution many months/years later, they then have to release it in such a way so as to not get too much hate because they can then hide behind the "it's free (even though it never is free.....)", "anyone can use it" which gives them somewhat of a get out of jail card to play but as we have witnessed, this approach is no longer good enough and backfiring on them because of how far behind they are now and getting called out by their own users and tech press on the situation hence why they are now investing into their software department.

Not a bad thing, and i know you're not saying it is.... AMD do need to be called out on this stuff.... but keeping it real.

This from all available info seems to be what AMD will have as their highest end option for RDNA4 which is ok but the price needs to be low to be competitive or Nvidia will simply wipe the board clean.

7900XTX owners won't really have an upgrade path until RDNA5.

It will be interesting to see if someone on a 7900 XT or XTX see any RT improvements as worth it. When I bought the 7900 XT the 4070Ti and even 4070 were both joke prices for the raster performance you got. RT being 30% better meant nothing if they were also 15% - 30% slower in the majority of raster games.

AMD need to price this realistically against existing gen prices, not their joke 7900 joke MSRP release prices.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if someone on a 7900 XT or XTX see any RT improvements as worth it. When I bought the 7900 XT the 4070Ti and even 4070 were both joke prices for the raster performance you got. RT being 30% better meant nothing if they were also 15% slower in the majority of raster games.

AMD need to price this realistically against existing gen prices, not their joke 7900 joke MSRP release prices.

At best I'm expecting 7900XT raster and maybe, At the absolute top end, 4070 Ti RT performance.

That combo is fine but they need to come in under Nvidia's comparable hardware to entice people over.

It will be interesting to see if someone on a 7900 XT or XTX see any RT improvements as worth it. When I bought the 7900 XT the 4070Ti and even 4070 were both joke prices for the raster performance you got. RT being 30% better meant nothing if they were also 15% slower in the majority of raster games.

Yeah, $700.... just no.... AMD do periodically release a good product for a good price, the last one being the RX 5700 XT, $399 against $499 for the 2070.

They need to do that again, at 4080 raster with 4070 Ti RT it need to be $600 at most, good would be $550, great, awesome even would be $500, it needs to be around there because "oh but the 4080 is $1000" so $700 just wont cut it the 4080 and 4070 Ti are massively over priced.

Last edited:
Given how punishing some of the lastest RT titles are now and we are seeing path traced far more than expected (the momentum is only gaining drastically now and showing no signs of slowing down), 70ti RT perf that we have had for the past 4 years is not good enough going forward unless they price it <£500. RDNA top end GPU needs to be 4080 level at the very least but ideally 4090 level

Given how punishing some of the lastest RT titles are now and we are seeing path traced far more than expected (the momentum is only gaining drastically now and showing no signs of slowing down), 70ti RT perf that we have had for the past 4 years is not good enough going forward unless they price it <£500. RDNA top end GPU needs to be 4080 level at the very least but ideally 4090 level

That may happen with RDNA5 but no chance with RDNA4, Being very optimistic we are looking at a 4080 competitor in raster and RT.

It depends on price, if its priced to compete with a 5060 Ti that's at best no better in RT and worse in raster then its pretty good, but it needs to be the right price.

That may happen with RDNA5 but no chance with RDNA4, Being very optimistic we are looking at a 4080 competitor in raster and RT.

Too often... and not throwing around any accusations here, people hate how expensive Nvidia are getting, the high end GPU's are becoming unaffordable for them, they know the only way that will change is if AMD are wildly better and wildly cheaper, if they are anything short of that they get a lot of harsh criticism for not reaching those impossible standards.
But what they really want is for AMD to force Nvidia to make their GPU's cheaper, what they don't realise is AMD being held to these impossible standards is exactly what drives up Nvidia's prices.

RT at 4080 or 4070Ti levels will be fine for a few years IMHO. Especially if you are aiming for 1440p as mainstream.

$550 or there about, $600 meh and $700 is a joke.

Last edited:
Too often... and not throwing around any accusations here, people hate how expensive Nvidia are getting, the high end GPU's are becoming unaffordable for them, they know the only way that will change is if AMD are wildly better and wildly cheaper, if they are anything short of that they get a lot of harsh criticism for not reaching those impossible standards.
But what they really want is for AMD to force Nvidia to make their GPU's cheaper, what they don't realise is AMD being held to these impossible standards is exactly what drives up Nvidia's prices.

I'm completely fine with AMD being behind a gen when it comes to RT and I'd honestly rather support them than Nvidia especially considering FSR3.1 + frame gen can breathe new life into older hardware where as Nvidia has everything on lockdown.

I also prefer AMD's software stack, Chill, AFMF2 etc... all brilliant features.

Price also needs to reflect them being behind though, They cannot get away, Much longer, With just charging a little less than Nvidia who are leagues ahead.

Last edited:
I'm completely fine with AMD being behind a gen when it comes to RT and I'd honestly rather support them than Nvidia especially considering FSR3.1 + frame gen can breathe new life into older hardware where as Nvidia has everything on lockdown.

I also prefer AMD's software stack, Chill, AFMF2 etc... all brilliant features.

I'm not too bothered about upscaling tech as its a last resort to me, i'd rather have the GPU be powerful enough to not need it, however i recognise that increasingly upscaling tech is actually needed even if you do have a very powerful 1440P GPU, which the RX 7800 XT is, so as its getting increasingly needed it needs to become more in line with the quality of DLSS.

In that sense RT is becoming critical, its not going to be long where lagging behind in RT is no different to lagging behind in Raster.

AMD does have some good features that are overlooked, being able to quadrupole my frame rates without the use of upscaling tech is something quite special. And yes AMD's driver UI, functionality and feature set is S tier.

Agreed on the RT but I wouldn’t say critical just yet but only if they can meet 4070Ti or 4080 levels before the next gen. Basically if AMD are going to match last gen’s 2nd tier, they damn well need to do it at a good price.

RTX 4080 raster and RT is good enough with upscaling for 4K and can get away with 1440p the same for the next year or so.

Agreed on the RT but I wouldn’t say critical just yet but only if they can meet 4070Ti or 4080 levels before the next gen. Basically if AMD are going to match last gen’s 2nd tier, they damn well need to do it at a good price.

RTX 4080 raster and RT is good enough with upscaling for 4K and can get away with 1440p the same for the next year or so.

If they can match a 4080 in RT, Raster seems to be AMD's strong suit, Then they need to come in at a very decent price or people will simply look at Nvidia's offerings due to having majority market mindshare.

Back
Top Bottom