• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the system costing £300 more was actually the vega system, even when taking into account the monitor being cheaper, it all makes sense now...

In all seriousness this has to be a joke or a placeholder price, unless it actually dose beat the 1080ti. In which case I guess they can charge what they like for it, however, I won't be able to afford one. I've got a budget of £800 including a new PSU...

I reckon the XTX is watercooled, and that's going to be an absurd price. I'm hoping the cards under that will be more sensibly priced. Plus all the pricing rumour seems to be coming from a retailer, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are price gouging on launch, or they have no pricing info at all.

hehe... no need to go overboard
during the financial analyst day raja had presented a slide which looked something like this

>$500 enthusiasts
>$1000 pro

the livestream might be available on youtube for anyone who wants to waste time
$599 seems more like it [i fully understand the semantics of ">".. but those slides generally are implying something like 500 + change]

i need to start practicing on the radeon crimson control panel.. my first amd card here i come :D

Edit: dont want to give amd any idea about my buying propensity :)

I reckon the XTX is watercooled, and that's going to be an absurd price. I'm hoping the cards under that will be more sensibly priced. Plus all the pricing rumour seems to be coming from a retailer, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are price gouging on launch, or they have no pricing info at all.
Swedish and Polish distributor prices have been leaked with retail prices approximated from them.

Remember when the (very high) Frontier prices were leaked which turned out to be accurate.

As for it "favouring" amd, doom runs well on either company's cards. As as you might remember doom was showcased first of all running on pascal, amd optimizations came later on, and that includes vulcan optimizations.

Then it's the first option as he clearly hasn't a clue what everyone want's too see and is waiting too see,
Why on earth would he do a rerun of what's already been shown when he had a claimed choose what game you want exclusivity preview.

For the Fury, only the X was "available" at launch, very few units available worldwide resulting in spectacular price gouging ( £649 rather than RRP of £509 ) , dont know if that counts as a paper launch. Cant remember if much leaked re performance / images etc prior.

There was then loads of problems with the AIO pump noise and most of those 1st batch probably went back , which really didnt help.

There were Fury pro's on release, The lack of Fury X stock was due to the noise they made and many being sent back, If I'm remembering right the Fury X's went from £510 and up to £640 which was for the Asus version which was what ASUS usually do, they think we should have to pay more even when it's just having the Asus name on the carboard box.

Last edited:
There were Fury pro's on release, The lack of Fury X stock was due to the noise they made and many being sent back, If I'm remembering right the Fury X's went from £510 and up to £640 which was for the Asus version which was what ASUS usually do, they think we should have to pay more even when it's just having the Asus name on the carboard box.
Didn't OCuk only get 5 or 6 Fury X for release day?

Then it's the first option as he clearly hasn't a clue what everyone want's too see and is waiting too see,
Why on earth would he do a rerun of what's already been shown when he had a claimed choose what game you want exclusivity preview.

Why don't you go and ask him then seeing as you seem convinced it was some amd skulduggery afoot for whatever reason. Not really sure why this comes under tinfoil hat brigade territory when the card will be reviewed in week or so anyway.

Looks like it, if the rumours have any truth to them.

A hot, noisy, power-hungry 1080 for the price of a top-end AIB 1080ti OC.

Get your wallets out, chaps :p

Except it's not really hot, if it would be noisy that would have gave it away on the blind test, we don't know the performance yet, and the price is probably a placeholder like at every launch.

Otherwise you are correct :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom