• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does hint that we're looking at a paper launch, with actual retail cards being potentially weeks/months away.

Yup, my feeling about it too. Just buying as much time as possible at this point.

Wouldn't surprise me if some Volta news just 'popped up' kinda soon ;) Pascal was kinda always going to be a stop-gap for nVidia.

Whoop Whoop my Vega arrived!!!!!

throwpillow_small_750x1000_bg_f8f8f8.jpg

mYAfZk

Apparently counterfeit Vegas are already being spotted:

by_Phil_Chan_1.jpg

Isn't that M Bison?
Quick history lesson, in the original game the dictator from Thailand was called Vega, the Spanish cage fighter was called Balrog and the afro-American world heavyweight boxing champion from Las Vegas Nevada was called Mike Bison. When the game was shipped to the US/EU Capcom got scared that Mike Tyson (who they were parodying in case you somehow missed it) might sue them and so swapped some of the names around (though the boxer still looked exactly like Tyson).

Hence Vega can apply to either the Thai dictator or the Spanish cagefighter, and hence a guy cosplaying as Vega is a counterfeit Vega (in retrospect it probably wasn't that funny even if it didn't need explaining lol).

If its 800 its because they have no stock to sell to the masses anyway. Wouldnt make much sense for a 1080 card or a card perceived as at best interchangeable with a 1080 and its msrp to retail that high.

It might be a bad price for a few reasons, hopefully not forever if they got the actual tech correct. Saw this from the FT, seems relevant on value and pace of advancement in each generation

jUYmY4Q.png

https://www.youtube.com/user/amd/videos
Yes I saw that graph in the ft last week too, I thought it was more about Intel but it does make you wonder what sorcery nvidia have used for 1080 ti performance - the raw numbers are really impressive. If only they weren't so greedy and supported freesync.

Quick history lesson, in the original game the dictator from Thailand was called Vega, the Spanish cage fighter was called Balrog and the afro-American world heavyweight boxing champion from Las Vegas Nevada was called Mike Bison. When the game was shipped to the US/EU Capcom got scared that Mike Tyson (who they were parodying in case you somehow missed it) might sue them and so swapped some of the names around (though the boxer still looked exactly like Tyson).

Hence Vega can apply to either the Thai dictator or the Spanish cagefighter, and hence a guy cosplaying as Vega is a counterfeit Vega (in retrospect it probably wasn't that funny even if it didn't need explaining lol).

Hence the Japan quote :)

https://videocardz.com/71246/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-coming-in-two-variants

RX Vega XTX and XT will be branded as RX Vega 64, RX Vega XL will be branded as RX Vega 56.

8GB RX Vega 64 watercooled will not be any cheap but look like it will be $300 more expensive than 1080 Ti.

ASUS Radeon RX Vega 64, 8GB, HDMI, DPx3 (RXVEGA64-O8G-LIQUID) retailer listed it at 1155€ without VAT, super high… date shows 2017-08-02 as incoming

1155€ = $1351 = £1029

Guess it will same price as £999 16GB RX Vega Frontier Edition air cooler.

Worrying that AMD are still flying around with engineering samples, not finished cards.

Does hint that we're looking at a paper launch, with actual retail cards being potentially weeks/months away.
Yep, that's what it looks like.

https://videocardz.com/71246/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-coming-in-two-variants

Both Radeon RX Vega 64 variants are to be shown at SIGGRAPH in 3 days. The full chip cards will be available in August, but from what I heard, they won’t hit the shelves anytime soon. As for the RX Vega 56, this model is expected to launch September.

This cant be true, they wont sell any. Unless they perform 30% better than 1080TI.

I dont believe the pricing, its just too damn expensive. Who in their right mind would pay this?

I really wanted to upgrade my 6990 and have been waiting ages for a good AMD card it looks like this wont be it and frankly I am tired of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom