• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't OCuk only get 5 or 6 Fury X for release day?

They may of trickled over the first few day's I'm not sure the issue we had was the noise and people like Loadsa bought 3 or 4 different brand Fury X's in the first 2 or 3 weeks trying to get one without the high pitched pump noise, He ended up buying two of the Fury Tri-X's and I followed suit buying one.

Why don't you go and ask him then seeing as you seem convinced it was some amd skulduggery afoot for whatever reason. Not really sure why this comes under tinfoil hat brigade territory when the card will be reviewed in week or so anyway.

I've got no need to ask him anything I don't walk around with my eye's wide shut, Actions speak louder than word's and someone getting an exclusive first look (of sorts) and then picking the same game AMD have been showing us say's enough for me, I'm not sure why it seems to bother you so much though, we're all entitled to an opinion and mine is that that so called test was a kop out.

I've got no need to ask him anything I don't walk around with my eye's wide shut, Actions speak louder than word's and someone getting an exclusive first look (of sorts) and then picking the same game AMD have been showing us say's enough for me, I'm not sure why it seems to bother you so much though, we're all entitled to an opinion and mine is that that so called test was a kop out.

Since I commented on that video I've been getting all sorts of hate lols.

Doom is an odd choice of game really to demonstrate an apples to apples test as nVidia does very well in Open GL but Vulkan performance is a bit inconsistent even between 2 systems with the same hardware while AMD does very well in Vulkan but Open GL performance can be varied so it makes its hard to find any real common ground plus some parts of the game behave different on different APIs as well i.e. Argent Tower level some parts with a lot of particle effects seem to fall apart a bit on Open GL while later on with detailed interiors Vulkan seems to struggle a bit.

AMD are pricing some things crazy at the moment though, they have just launched the wraith max cooler 59$ , that's a crazy price imo. So their GPUs might have crazy prices aswell, I mean their was an AMD dude who said that they had to stop selling their products for too cheap.

I'd say it's very unlikely, they will probably be using GDDR6 so early 2018 at the best.

still.. worth pondering.. he is kind of giving away those low yielding chips.. i heard they produce like 1 per wafer
and heres ayymd peddling engineering samples for previews and setting up like 1 vega desktop for blind-tests

for all we know test engineers at nvidia might be testing a 75% cut down version of volta for gaming purposes

Well your opinion is incredibly flawed to say the least, just seems to be on this forum if people don't get the exact scenario\test they want with the results they were expecting then something "fishy" was going on.

People are always looking for the alternate angle on things like this, if its amd or intel or nvidia doing demos on stage with supposed identical setups then yes there's obviously room for something dodgy to be going on. With this test he done everything possible to remove anything that could be somehow affecting performance and yet people still aren't satisfied. This was only an early look until the reviews finally hit, i'm sure people are just more irritated about the fact there was no numbers on display than anything else.

Regardless people are still going to play the old "waaah biased" card whenever possible when the reviews hit i'm sure.

Last edited:
Since I commented on that video I've been getting all sorts of hate lols.

Doom is an odd choice of game really to demonstrate an apples to apples test as nVidia does very well in Open GL but Vulkan performance is a bit inconsistent even between 2 systems with the same hardware while AMD does very well in Vulkan but Open GL performance can be varied so it makes its hard to find any real common ground plus some parts of the game behave different on different APIs as well i.e. Argent Tower level some parts with a lot of particle effects seem to fall apart a bit on Open GL while later on with detailed interiors Vulkan seems to struggle a bit.

It doesn't surprise me.

Well your opinion is incredibly flawed to say the least, just seems to be on this forum if people don't get the exact scenario\test they want with the results they were expecting then something "fishy" was going on.

People are always looking for the alternate angle on things like this, if its amd or intel or nvidia doing demos on stage with supposed identical setups then yes there's obviously room for something dodgy to be going on. With this test he done everything possible to remove anything that could be somehow affecting performance and yet people still aren't satisfied. This was only an early look until the reviews finally hit, i'm sure people are just more irritated about the fact there was no numbers on display than anything else.

Regardless people are still going to play the old "waaah biased" card whenever possible when the reviews hit i'm sure.

As I said we're all entitled to an opinion and I struggle to understand why someone who could pick any game would pick the same game as AMD have showed us a couple of times already, Doom on Vulcan may run well on both brands but it's clearly been running better on AMD hardware. If I was given the chance to do some testing with no conditions on the game I use it would have been with a DX11 title not more of the same. It doesn't sit right that a tech reviewer/journalist would pick Doom when all things are considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom