• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth does it pull that much? My old [email protected] and my overclocked (1125/6600) 390X ran on my 650W power supply just fine with 4 hard drives, 2 SSD's, 4 RAM sticks and a sound card.
Did you maybe miss out SLI or that you have a zillion fans and HDDs?
Hehe i was like WTF the first time i looked at the meter myself. I have a rather unimpressive AIO for the CPU, 3 drives 2 of which are SSDs, and 5 fans running 60-70% and a molex powered asus xonar essence STX. The meter actually shows around 900ish but 40 is the router and 20 for the 2.1 speakers and another 40 for the monitor. I can honestly say im a bit confused myself.

2 Frontier cards is for the guy who owns a v12 BMW but if he ever leaves the city takes the plane and a hire car. In theory a complete waste but perfect if you want something to do a bit of everything very well
I thought the combo psu is smart as it can be split up and sold, it has some redundancy to it. Only thing is having space for it
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xfx-...2p1m-power-combo-1500w-of-powe-bu-003-xf.html

Looks like a misinterpretation.. i was approximating the power draw of an rx vega using publicly available stats on vega FE
the FE doesnt make any sense for a pure gaming application

the 1.5 kw combo wont fit the case dimensions i have in mind, but a nice find - will use it for navi ..though i game in a mancave, i dont think i would like something that looks like a mini refrigerator :D

Hehe i was like WTF the first time i looked at the meter myself. I have a rather unimpressive AIO for the CPU, 3 drives 2 of which are SSDs, and 5 fans running 60-70% and a molex powered asus xonar essence STX. The meter actually shows around 900ish but 40 is the router and 20 for the 2.1 speakers and another 40 for the monitor. I can honestly say im a bit confused myself.

Sounds like the meter is broken

Just for reference - this similar system pulls ~400 watts

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11180/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-review/16

It's like they don't want to release it (in gaming flavours) but they know they have to.

The Pro and workstation flavours seem to have been well-received, but AMD seems to want to wash its hands of the the gaming Vega cards.

Funny how the only game they've always shown has been Doom?

my 4770k@4,4 and 1080ti stock pulls upto 800-830 watts from the wall.

No it doesn't. my 3770k overclocked to 3.7Ghz and 1080Ti overclocked to 2075Mhz does not pull that much from the wall when maxed out. Most ive got out of my system is around 500 watts while pulling 600ish from the wall. Where the heck is your extra 200 watts coming from? And with a stock 1080ti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom