• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently AMD won't be live streaming Siggraph...

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/891316283576393728

HEcpOvMFTiurOzS40g8R8Q.png

WTF...to me its as if AMD do not want to sell VEGA

Someone on reddit mentioned that no-one is allowed to stream from Siggraph this year. Not sure how true that is though.

Edit

Camera / Recording Policies
No cameras or recording devices are permitted at SIGGRAPH Asia 2016. Abuse of this policy will result in revocation of the individual’s registration credentials.

Source:

https://sa2016.siggraph.org/en/travel-accommodation/general-information

This is from 2016 though and may have changed since then.

So is it a virtual launch, all the production goes to Apple and so on and basically its autumn going upto Christmas for anyone else. Volta wont be this year, does not seem a realistic prospect

Besides, I wouldn't buy a new monitor now anyway, with Freesync 2 monitors, HDR and improved refresh rate monitors coming before the end of the year, it's a good time to actually wait for a change. All of this generation's monitors suffer from something either BLB or IPS glow or bad quality, stuck pixels, etc. Reading about the new Samsung monitors incoming, they sound brilliant, and no tearing, even without gsync/freesync.

dam so I cant even buy a monitor instead. Something Benq for CSGO I was thinking but I have never really looked which is best

1080p on 24" seems about a comfortable limit to me
Idiots.

If I was a share holder I would want resignations.

Nope I dont think this happens. My understanding with tech shares especially is they will chase the sales prospects of this dramatic deep learning market and AMD CEO will get a standing ovation at the next AGM if that is a success. Sales figures for mainstream retail are just fine with their 580.
Amazon never makes profits but nobody cares as its about expanding the revenue, size and scope of the business. If AMD expands into this new AI market it'll win them praise
OP asked about a PSU for a system with TWO FE cards!

2 Frontier cards is for the guy who owns a v12 BMW but if he ever leaves the city takes the plane and a hire car. In theory a complete waste but perfect if you want something to do a bit of everything very well
I thought the combo psu is smart as it can be split up and sold, it has some redundancy to it. Only thing is having space for it
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/xfx-...2p1m-power-combo-1500w-of-powe-bu-003-xf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom