• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Apart from the silver/brushes metal casing is there any difference from just standard version. I prefer the black stock cards tbh don't see the
point of paying $50 extra. At these prices mentioned it better perform better than 1080 consistently and the xtx version better come close to 1080TI performance watercooler or not.

Where are the damn reviews and performance number AMD? come on AMD!

Associate
Apart from the silver/brushes metal casing is there any difference from just standard version. I prefer the black stock cards tbh don't see the
point of paying $50 extra. At these prices mentioned it better perform better than 1080 consistently and the xtx version better come close to 1080TI performance watercooler or not.

Where are the damn reviews and performance number AMD? come on AMD!

You get a red HoloCube with the limited edition version (silvery brushed metal version). It's the only way to get a HoloCube. Unless people start hawking em on ebay.

See here: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-radeon-vega-64-limited-edition-comes-holocube_196556

Soldato
But dude, AMD need to be coming in improving price for performance, not giving us more of the same. Otherwise they are no better than nvidia in that regard and happy take their customers from behind. People laugh at Nvidia saying they are milking us and get the lube ready, if AMD charge the same price as them months even over a year after Pascal then it is hugely disappointing.
Yeah, but remember what AMD did with the Fury series - I mean if it is closer to a GTX1080TI it would be great but I am tempering my expectations.

Associate
Competition is back baby?

Hardware canucks seems excited

Damnit. Now I want to wait a little more and not order that 1080Ti....
If they haven't been able to benchmark it themselves they could be going by AMD's numbers and we all know how accurate those can be.

Soldato
Wait, you've got nothing to lose after all :)

I'd definitely wait if I had a freesync monitor! Only a couple of weeks left and your GTX 980 Ti isn't a slouch by any means!

WTF!? When did logic enter this thread!

I wanted new toys this coming week as I'm starting a new job soon and wanted more play time before that. :(

I hope it's a hard launch and we get numbers and details very very soon.

Soldato
It was the same with Fury, so you have to wait for third-party cards.

I assume you are implying third part cards could possibly have Div-d port? does that mean there will be third party water cooled versions with dvi-d as I really want the XTX version water cooled. Sorry I totally skipped the furry generation of cards so not sure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me too, but I've a feeling it isn't. Reviewers don't seem to have got samples yet (we usually get a leak or two if they have)

Well Linus looks to have the XT and XL version as I saw a 8+6 pin and 8+8 pin.
One has Radeon on the side, and the other has the Vega led logo.

Hopefully it's a hard launch this week at least. Either way I want to avoid reference air if possible. Looks good, handicaps frequency going by FE.

This is just so annoying.

Associate
WTF!? When did logic enter this thread!

I wanted new toys this coming week as I'm starting a new job soon and wanted more play time before that. :(

I hope it's a hard launch and we get numbers and details very very soon.

last two weeks of the current job and the first month of the next job.. and in case if you have a brief 2 week sabbatical in between those two jobs. so its like a total of two months before work life goes for a toss.. i would recommend maximizing this golden opportunity than waiting for vega.. so the best strategy is wait for newsflow till tomorrow and take the best course of action (which atm is pointing at the 1080 ti, unless vega solved some real world supply chain problems while also helping researchers with breakthroughs in cancer treatment) :D

Associate
I don't believe these work with Dual Dvi, my monitor is a 30" dell monitor, a very old one. its resolution is 2560x 1600. Even active adaptors don't support this resolution, not that I know of. any other solutions anybody aware of ?

Ah, right. Didn't look at the detailed info on the adapters. The OcUK DVI-D active adapter only looks to do 30Hz at 4K/2K but a quick google brings up one (DP2DVID2) that claims to do '2560x1600 (up to 60Hz) with DVI Dual Link Displays, 1920x1080 (up to 120Hz) with Single-Link DVI displays'. But it's listed at £190 ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom