• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: ** The AMD VEGA Thread **

On or off the hype train?

• (off) Train has derailed

Votes: 207 39.2%
  • (on) Overcrowding, standing room only

Votes: 100 18.9%
  • (never ever got on) Chinese escalator

Votes: 221 41.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
He is a bit annoying. Just last week he was ripping AMD a new one on Vega FE, strongly implying that RX was going to be awful in a kind of angry, petulant way, and now he's fawning all over them because they gave him stuff.
The thing is I could probably learn quite a bit from him. But his ADHD theatrics make me want to stab out my own ear drums

Last edited:
Permabanned
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5457057&postcount=1840

"AMD Radeon RX Vega: $499
AMD Radeon RX Vega Limited Edition Model: $549
AMD Radeon RX Vega Liquid Cooler Model: $599
AMD Radeon RX Vega Liquid Cooler Limited Edition Model: $649

Source: Newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ega&Submit=ENE

Update: they remove it
"

If these are genuine prices and they converts to the £ fairly I can live with them. I'll even go for the watercooled limited edition.

Associate

This should have been RX Vega, It's a shame this had to be a limited edition model, It looks great and it seems to be a very nicely made blower unit.
I hope the watercooled one that looks like this isn't also a limited edition and an excuse to increase the price too high.

It's all down to price now, I recently bought a 650 watt psu and if it really isn't capable of running the water cooled full fat Vega card I'll need to factor the cost of a new psu in as well as I don't want to go back to using the non modular psu I also have.
It looks like the aluminium versions are Special Editions only. Gamersnexus didn't specify which Water version they were previewing though.
Price / performance is definitely key.

Soldato
Really not a fan of the placement for the tubing.

It might not even make it to the top of my chassis with my tower air cooler in the way, unless it put the tubing up against the back of the Noctua.
The Fury X tubing was perfect at the back, and was longer than that Limited Edition's.
2JYSxOA.jpg

oNXmjOJ.jpg

Permabanned
Really not a fan of the placement for the tubing.

It might not even make it to the top of my chassis with my tower air cooler in the way, unless it put the tubing up against the back of the Noctua.
The Fury X tubing was perfect at the back, and was longer than that Limited Edition's.
2JYSxOA.jpg

It would have been better like that, or both tubing and power cables coming out of the backend like we've seen with some branded cards lately, It'd make for a much tidier build.

Soldato
It would have been better like that, or both tubing and power cables coming out of the backend like we've seen with some branded cards lately, It'd make for a much tidier build.

Aye. Not sure why they put it at the front. The Fury X did it really well. The FX tubing looks like it was longer than the Vega cards' as well.

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom