The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Ordered some anime on Blu-ray:
Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
Howl's Moving Castle
Grave Of The Fireflies

I've seen Howl's Moving Castle before and loved it but haven't seen the other two. I'm hoping Spirited Away comes to Blu-ray soon as well.
I'm also looking at ordering 'Cowboy Bebop Collectors Edition Part 1 [Blu-ray]'. :)

Soldato
Howl's Moving Castle
Grave Of The Fireflies

I've seen Howl's Moving Castle before and loved it but haven't seen the other two. I'm hoping Spirited Away comes to Blu-ray soon as well.
I'm also looking at ordering 'Cowboy Bebop Collectors Edition Part 1 [Blu-ray]'. :)

Howls moving castle was the first studio ghibili I watched ever. I thought it was brilliant, sadly all the other ones ive bought since aint as good (still awesome) but im still buying them just incase I get lucky.
Ive got cowboy bebop in my wishlist, never seen it before but I hear its great.

Soldato
Howl's Moving Castle
Grave Of The Fireflies

I hope you know about GotF before ordering it. I would have thought it will be a while before Spirited Away gets released, the next two back catalogue BDs are likely to be Porco Rosso and Pom Poko really given the Japanese releases.

Liked the first episode of Gin no Saji Silver Spoon ... Very Moyashimon in feel.

Commissario
OP
Howl's is good (haven't got round to buying that on blu - i think I have the DVD).
Nausicaa is very good imo.
Grave - get tissues handy.

Bebop if great, I'm tempted to get the Blu-rays, but already have it twice on DVD (original version, and the remastered version with surround sound).

I've currently got Sekirei (season 1) in the player, with stiens Gate and Tiger & Bunny set 3 to watch :)
Unfortunately I'm not likely to get much anime watching done for a while as I'm away for the weekend and need to get ready for that :)

Associate
well I've pre-order a while ago FMA:B complete blu-ray collection 1 and 2 and high school of the dead tv ova Blu-ray pack, high of the dead complete tv/ova & FMA:B collection one came, so come October I get collection 2. I order black blood brothers Blu-ray as I wanted to test my MR player so when that came I discovered that it was both A and B so at some point I order region a title possible golgo 13 complete Blu-ray collection as that out soon.

current anime Blu-ray
black lagoon 1 & 2
black blood brothers
highschool of the dead tv & ova
FMA:B Complete collection 1
freedom

possible/wish list of blu-ray
summer war/girl who leaped through time twin pack
golgo 13 tv
full metal panic
heroic age
claymore
black lagoon ova
bodacious space pirates 1 & 2
Code Geass: Lelouch Of The Rebellion 1 & 2
Guilty Crown
last exile: fam
Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
eureka AO
elfen lied
high school dxd

Soldato
I can't stop listening to the songs from Spirited Away on Spotify :) I was hoping to get the film on blu-ray but as its not out I might just have to get it on DVD for now. Haven't seen it since it years.

Soldato
Oh Christ I'm so glad I just stopped myself from buying more games in the Steam sale. Had a number of games sitting in my cart, and after a lot of ummming and aaahing decided to scrap it all. Checked my E-mails afterwards only to find an invoice arrive from Namco Bandai for my Collector's Edition of Tales of Xillia - would have gone into the negative if I'd bought those games as I'm down to about £14 now :( glad to see I actually managed to nab the CE though! Just hope there isn't another fiasco like there was with Ni no Kuni.

Soldato
Ah good ... the local cinema I go to here in Nottingham has From Up On Poppy Hill being shown from 02/08 - 15/08 :)

I see that the Japan Centre have a competition to win the Studio Ghibli DVD releases, see here tied in with the From Up On Poppy Hill cinema release.

Associate
quick heads up "Sony Movies Sky channel 323" will be airing all the bleach movie in dub from Monday the 5th of august @ 01:00am with plans to also air other anime movie once the 4 bleach movies have finish. don't know if it's one every Monday or one everyday from the 5th of august.

Soldato
Has a nice afternoon today at the cinema watching From Up on Poppy Hill. Nice that it was being shown in Japanese with English subtitles as well.

It's a nice story with typically good, detailed, art from Studio Ghibli and nice characters. It's not a big and clever story but it's a nice watch.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised that the Mods haven't removed the link seeing as, from the app description, it seems that they just add videos from the usual internet video sharing sites which means that there is a good chance what it is accessing are illegally shared copies ...

Back
Top Bottom