The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

That's, as you say, a sad loss to the industry but he is in his 70's, and he's done some of the classics.

pecnarf, Aye freedom is good, I think I picked up the LE cheapish a year or two back, and it ended up sitting on the side for a few weeks.

well I got wondering how long it been on the shelf as when I went to watch it today I had to remove the plastic seals on the disc case's. so I did a little digging in the old email archive and found some emails. I got my copy back in 2009 for £68.79p off lovefilms brand new and I was lucky too as I try to get it from another place, but they had to refund me as the order shouldn't have gone through as they and other could no long get their supply's of it as the distributor of this blu ray had just gone into administration. I remember I look at importing it but no one had it out side the country, ebay had it at rip off price's in the £150+ range and above, so on a whim I try lovefilms as they had just started selling dvd/bluray/games, their it was brand new copy sealed for the right price so I quickly snap it up.

plus I think it was the first Blu-ray I bought.

Last edited:
I know Naruto isn't as popular as it could be, but I'm so glad its up to the point where he gets full 9 tails mode. The animation has changed again though. Made it look much easier to watch.

Quite enjoying attack on titan and im not really one for anime. Does get confusing for the longest time I thought Armin was a female even when the subs referenced him as "he" on a few occasions, dunno what exactly the artists are doing but "He" still looks more like a girl to me. :confused::confused:

well only just now finish watching "Eden of the east" watch the tv first then movie 1 and 2. got to say really enjoy it. didn't watch the ova that comes with movie one as that just a recap of the tv series so that people know what going on the in the movie's.

Currently at ep 6 of Astral Ocean BD(Eureka 7 second series)
Finding it a lot like the movie :(
Although based on the original it is too different for me to enjoy it as a `continuation`
as a stand alone there is plenty of action but i was hoping for a continuation of the original,this is a bit too.... loose an interpretation
not bad but so far not as expected

well only just now finish watching "Eden of the east" watch the tv first then movie 1 and 2. got to say really enjoy it. didn't watch the ova that comes with movie one as that just a recap of the tv series so that people know what going on the in the movie's.

Ahh I forgot about that! I tried watching it a while ago, but my version had incomplete subtitles so was incredibly confusing. I'll give it another go :)

Quite enjoying attack on titan and im not really one for anime. Does get confusing for the longest time I thought Armin was a female even when the subs referenced him as "he" on a few occasions, dunno what exactly the artists are doing but "He" still looks more like a girl to me. :confused::confused:

I've been blown away by Attack on Titan so far, the animation has been good throughout and superb in places and the story and setting are great, however it does suffer a bit from pacing issues and having overly long monologues in action sequences at times.

The art style and tone remind me of Claymore, but much more refined, and they manage to get some humor in as a break from the crushing sense of despair throughout.

I've been blown away by Attack on Titan so far, the animation has been good throughout and superb in places and the story and setting are great, however it does suffer a bit from pacing issues and having overly long monologues in action sequences at times.

It reminded me of Evangelion slightly, in that there's just way too much crying, literally. I understand they're trying to convey how everyone's feeling, their despair and such. However it is too much, takes up way too much air-time and detracts from what they're trying to show in the first place and emotions are turned into impatience.

If it wasn't for the mystery surrounding their story it'd be much worse, that's all they have going for them right now, unanswered questions.

Started watching Space Brothers and wow, now this I like.
Maybe it's because I have 72 eps to go through at my own pace, but I like how it has a continual story which very rarely jumps from place to place.

I was wondering if anyone knows when you should watch the live-action movie, as I don't want it to spoil the anime?

This thread needs more miku!

Quite enjoying sunday without god at the moment. I have 3 48h crunchyroll guest passes to give away. Drop me an email/cr username via pm if you want one.

vlcsnap_2013_09_10_20h05m36s178.png

Is this anime good or what!

Just finished sword art online, was amazing, not really sure what to do now though.. watched them all in like 24hours >_>. Anyone recommendations on what to watch next? Its the first anime I've ever finished, only other I've watched is attack on titan, waiting for next episodes, and like 8 eps of fairy tail, but too long though and puts me off it, prefer something with <50 episodes.

Back
Top Bottom