The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

I read somewhere awhile ago that their was suppose to be another series planned to follow up what happen in soul eater but it never happen.

I dunno about a whole new season though it could work. It felt like it needed an episode or 2 just to round everything off after the finale at least though.

Anyone know which site is the cheapest or most reliable for buying Manga in the UK? I'd really like to get caught up on Naruto again, but it's been so many years since I read it that I'd rather start from the beginning again and work my way up. I've been trying to find some sets on eBay but the bids generally tend to end up near the mark of buying them all new anyways, or they only offer collection in person (understandably). Amazon seem to have most of the volumes priced at around £5 each so that doesn't seem too bad - so is it worth looking elsewhere or am I unlikely to find it cheaper than that with free delivery?

The booked manga made for the american audience and sold over here are rubbish, lots of scenes and wording changed to make it more suitable for a younger audience. Your better off googling it and reading it online.

I'm sure many people would if they didn't dumb it down/change half the speech to primate level and actually translated things properly people might actually want to pay for it. Sad how they spend so much time translating a series when fan subs that take 20 minutes are more accurate to the original and even have proper explanations of situations/phrases more specific to Japanese audiences.

I'm sure many people would if they didn't dumb it down/change half the speech to primate level and actually translated things properly people might actually want to pay for it. Sad how they spend so much time translating a series when fan subs that take 20 minutes are more accurate to the original and even have proper explanations of situations/phrases more specific to Japanese audiences.

I am going to agree with kaeo on this.a lot of `fan translations`are a lot better/more easily read than commercial works

I am going to agree with kaeo on this.a lot of `fan translations`are a lot better/more easily read than commercial works

I'm sorry but I don't agree. Yes in the past there have been some poor translations (the original Azumanga Daioh manga release being a prime example) but in the last four or five years they have improved some what. It isn't the translation though, it's the editing ... an edit which follows the translation exactly can be just as bad as an overly localised one as it won't necessarily follow proper English language rules making it hard to read. And frankly I have seen some truely appalling "fansubs" to the extent of actually editing the subtitles to make the system watchable.

It also depends on what series you are watching ... a ****** long running series aimed at 12 year old boys is likely to be more localised than a proper decent series.

But we've seen this arguement far to many times with people just using it as an excuse to download content instead of paying for it ...

well my copy of golgo 13 complete Blu-ray collection arrived in the post today watch the first 9 episode on disc 1 so far and any fear of it being tone down for tv, compared to the movie's version are gone. it 6 disc of 50 mini movies are good so well know for sure once I watch all 50 ep.

well my copy of golgo 13 complete Blu-ray collection arrived in the post today watch the first 9 episode on disc 1 so far and any fear of it being tone down for tv, compared to the movie's version are gone. it 6 disc of 50 mini movies are good so well know for sure once I watch all 50 ep.

allways watched to watch Golgo 13 what's the IQ like, I presume its an upscale job, and how much ?

allways watched to watch Golgo 13 what's the IQ like, I presume its an upscale job, and how much ?

don't know how to get to the iq as I'm watching it on my Sony bdp-s790 MR Blu-ray player but if you mean image quality it very good. I am watching it on a 46" screen at 1080p.

it might not be upscaled if it is not by much as this series was created back in 2008. where the movie and ova were done in the 90's

Last edited:
Having watched through Shingeki no Kyojin I would say it certainly get the prize for the most overrated series this season. Of course it will get fans in certain areas due to it's constant stream of blood splattering violence but looking past that it's pacing was truly poor with the constant desire to have a weekly cliffhanger seeming to overcome the the actual progression of the story. At the end of the day after 25 episodes more should have happened. I would like to say that it made up for it with its animation quality but that only ranged for ok to average. It was an alright series but nothing special.

Finished a couple of other series as well ....

A Certain Scientific Railgun S ... nice continuation of the stories in the Index/Railgun universe. As per normal with this franchise it helps if you have watched the previous works so you can understand the relationships between the characters and the setting for the series'. It was a good continuation and ended well.

Genshiken Second Season ... and the prize for the series with the most confusing title goes to .... The original Genshiken series already had a second season following on from it and this follows on from that with new characters appearing, and some old ones still appearing. Second generation is a more apt description. The series itself ... well that's not going to be everybodies cup of tea as whilst it still has the same sort of humour as the original there are a lot more female characters now and that means BL :( ... if you look past that then it's a nice series but it is a limiting factor ...

Servant X Service ... a nice little slice of life comedy series about new office workers set in a local government office. Quite good levels of humour and it's nice to have a series like this that isn't set in a school for once. Don't expect to much from it but it's a nice simple little watch with a few nice points.

Last edited:
Having watched through Shingeki no Kyojin I would say it certainly get the prize for the most overrated series this season. Of course it will get fans in certain areas due to it's constant stream of blood splattering violence but looking past that it's pacing was truly poor with the constant desire to have a weekly cliffhanger seeming to overcome the the actual progression of the story. At the end of the day after 25 episodes more should have happened. I would like to say that it made up for it with its animation quality but that only ranged for ok to average. It was an alright series but nothing special.

Couldn't agree more. Though honestly, except a second season of SAO covering the other volumes, I doubt anything will reach a truly exceptional level this year. :(

Hmmm ..... Amazon are listing steelbook versions of Totoro, Nausicaa, Howl and Ponyo for the end of November (25th). Each has BD + DVD. (linky)

Personally I don't think the art work, shown better here on ANN, is good enough to make me want to purchase the films yet again ...

After reading some of the posts here, i thought i would give it ago. See the mainstream stuff a few years ago. Any tips on a series for me to have a look at? to get 'broken' into it?

Thanks.

Hmmm ..... Amazon are listing steelbook versions of Totoro, Nausicaa, Howl and Ponyo for the end of November (25th). Each has BD + DVD. (linky)

Personally I don't think the art work, shown better here on ANN, is good enough to make me want to purchase the films yet again ...

I like steel books, and I like most of the covers for the new Ghibli releases (especially as they're the same sort of price as the normal releases were at launch rather than some silly premium), unfortunately I cannot justify buying them for the third/forth time.

On a slightly different topic, I started watching the Steins Gate from the beginning again last night as the second set arrived :)

I also spotted Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail up for pre order on amazon for £16, so will probbaly order that tonight.

Back
Top Bottom