The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Just finished sword art online, was amazing, not really sure what to do now though.. watched them all in like 24hours >_>. Anyone recommendations on what to watch next? Its the first anime I've ever finished, only other I've watched is attack on titan, waiting for next episodes, and like 8 eps of fairy tail, but too long though and puts me off it, prefer something with <50 episodes.

Seriously 100% watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood you can get the dvd boxset easy enough or if you got blueray buy the two separate box sets. Very good series, im currently re-watching it again.
I would be quite shocked if you said it was average.

Seriously 100% watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood you can get the dvd boxset easy enough or if you got blueray buy the two separate box sets. Very good series, im currently re-watching it again.

I 've pre-order it off amazon when it was one big box set then when it was split into two, I pre-order them. got the first half with the special slip to house both parts in it as originally planned, so when part 2 lands on my door step in October I shell watch it again in 1080p. so until then part 1 sits on the shelf still in its plastic seal.

Last edited:

Both full metal alchemist are on netflix, including a movie, so thats easy enough to watch, should I start with the first full metal alchemist or straight into brotherhood?

Last edited:
The LATEST Dragon Ball Z movie is out!!!

Watched the first bit, it's trying to be funny and child friendly and taking it away from the more action darker side of DBZ. Could almost be called a filler episode lol. Though I know DBZ did have it's stupidly retarded fillers

Finished a couple of summer season series earlier ...

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ - This followed on from the previous season in much the same way with us following Fu and her friends in this gentle slice of life series. In this series Fu is convinced to create a photography club which introduces Kanae as as a senior in school who also loves photography. The series is slightly melancholic and slow with great background art and nice characters.

In some ways, whilst being a different story and setting, the series has very much the same feel as A__a and was a very nice watch.

Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) - Nice little series about a boy who ends up going to an agriculture high school which is very different from his experiences before. It was quite a fun series with plenty of humour and some drama as he struggles with new concepts. In some ways it reminded me of Moyasimon with a main character being placed into a non-standard educational environment.

Mostly recently though I've actually been watching a live action japanese drama series, (technically it's NHK's 88th asadora which runs for ~6 months, 6days a week, 15mins per episode), called Amachan. This is about a girl, Aki, and her mother who return to her mothers home town (for various reasons) where her Grandmother is an Ama (a diver for sea-urchins). Aki decides to become an Ama and the first arc of the series covers mostly this. In the second arc she goes to Tokyo to become an Idol, (which doesn't go that smoothly due to things from her mothers past). It's quite an amusing series and is very fast moving with no filler episodes so far (I've seen up to 108 which is what there is subtitles for so far). Looking forward to seeing the rest :)

After weeks of barely being able to watch anything (let alone anime)*, I managed to squeeze in Deadman Wonderland and the last half of Tiger & Bunny over the last few days.

Deadman wonderland was I thought really quite good, but felt like it could have done with being longer (and as a tip to anyone watching it, don't watch any of the English VA extras until after you finish the series).

Tiger & Bunny was fun, but a little unfilling, I'm not sure if I'll get the films for it as well.

I'm probably going to watch Macross II, and Frontier over the next week if I get time, as it's been years since I saw II (I can't remember it at all), and I've never watched Frontier.

*I've been in a fairly foul mood on and off for weeks because of a combination of being run ragged with various things, and what seems like loads of minor illnesses (it seems like I've either been running around after people or sleeping in all my free time).

Anyone know which site is the cheapest or most reliable for buying Manga in the UK? I'd really like to get caught up on Naruto again, but it's been so many years since I read it that I'd rather start from the beginning again and work my way up. I've been trying to find some sets on eBay but the bids generally tend to end up near the mark of buying them all new anyways, or they only offer collection in person (understandably). Amazon seem to have most of the volumes priced at around £5 each so that doesn't seem too bad - so is it worth looking elsewhere or am I unlikely to find it cheaper than that with free delivery?

well I've order "Golgo 13: Complete Blu-Ray Collection" today so I finally be able to watch all 50 episode Golgo 13 series, I enjoy watching the movie but have never seen the series but read good thing about it. :)

next up to order is part 1 & 2 of stein gate Blu-ray once I save up enough to buy.

I just finished From Up on Poppy Hill*, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, you can tell it's a Hayao Miyazaki film/script even though it's Goro directing, as it's got the feel and look you expect :)

As I'm tired I was watching it dubbed, and finally it seems like the songs are actually getting subtitled - in most of the other Ghibli discs it seems unusual for the songs (at least those playing during the films) to get subbed which always annoys me.

*Having received an email from Amazon about 2 hours before they dispatched my copy of the collectors edition saying they didn't know when they'd have the CE in:p

Back
Top Bottom