The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Caporegime
Kurozuka.

Controversial writer/director Tetsuro Araki converted Baku Yumemakura's romance/action/supernatural/sci-fi novel into an anime, and this is the result. Does it work? I'm not convinced.

The story starts in 12th century Japan, where a young samurai called Kuro falls in love with a female vampire called Kuromitsu, and is immediately decapitated by his servant, Benkei.

Kuro survives because Kuromitsu has already given him the gift of immortality... sorta. Then he falls asleep, and wakes up in post-apocalyptic Japan several centuries later, with no memory of his former life.

From this point the narrative becomes a little blurred, as the plot hits us with flash-backs, flash-forwards, and occasionally flash... sideways? :confused:

The plot begins to coalesce somewhere around episode 6, when we finally get something resembling a linear storyline, but this lasts only as long as the next fight scene and then it's back to an LSD-inspired frenzy of random images for the next three episodes.

By the time we arrive at episode 10, the anime is ready to start talking about a possible conclusion, and everything is quickly wrapped up in a series of fights that comprise 90% of episodes 11 and 12.

All of a sudden, Kuro's story is over... OR IS IT? :eek:

This anime had one thing going for it, which was the imaginative and innovative use of Noh theatre for the intro and outro. The rest was sadly forgettable.

Soldato
Started watching Black Clover as it's supposed to be the next Naruto / Bleach and my god the main character shouting constantly is really grating, I hope it stops after a few episodes.

Caporegime
Still following Dragon Ball Super. This current arc is pretty incredible. Fantastic animation and its giving me goosebumps every single week. The recent 1hr special was pretty mind blowing :eek:

Not finding time to follow any others at the moment. Although I am getting the Gundam/mobile suit itch again

Soldato
Did you guys hear that Grape-kun died? :(

Godspeed little penguin.

DL-nFVXVQAA40s2

Soldato
Attack on Titan worth a go?

Yes, S2 isn't on Netflix yet though.

Very much so, I've still got to get round to watching season 2 as I just haven't had much time for anime the last year :( (I've barely watched any compared to the past).

You've got loads to look forward to when you get around to it, s2 was a huge setup in everything from s1 and we've only got to wait until next year for s3.

Commissario
OP
Heads up for anyone who has pre-ordered "a silent voice limited edition" directly from Alltheanime, apparently they've had a delay in their own stock (about 3 weeks), but to help make up for it they've included a £10 code for future orders in the email.
Which means that my copy is effectively going to cost me £25, with the posters :) (I'm almost certain to place another order with them in the next few weeks anyway).

Associate
Picked up Your Name Steel book Blu-Ray from AllTheAnime at MCM yesterday. Then ordered the ltd Delux version today, all to go along with the Amazon Steel book collectors edition! Oops I may have an issue here :D Picked up so much Your Name merchandise that I could lay my hands on as well. Could have gone mad on some of the stands, next time I go I’m making sure I have more spending money available :)

Soldato
Well months and months ago i watched 1 episode of The Ancient Magus' bride and no more episodes were released for i want to say a year..... checked back on it today and its got 3 initial episodes and now has broken into a series which is 4 more episodes with more to come.

The production, art and story are brilliant in my eyes, just finished onion peeling after watching one episode...

Edit: the original episode was an OVA and then the next 2 were also OVA. Seems it got greenlit for a series afterwards

Soldato
Burakku Buretto.

The world has gone to ****. Weird monsters are attacking. A crazy virus is spreading. There's a new metal called 'Varanium' which has proved useful against the monsters but not so much the virus. Who can save humanity?

None other than 10 year old girls, of course. Because Japan.

Enter our bold protagonist Satomi Lentarō, and his inappropriately sexual sidekick, 10 year old Aihara Enju.

Can they defeat the monsters? Perhaps. Is there a love interest for Lentarō? Naturally. Does she have big boobs? You better believe it. Will Lentarō finally man up and get his girl? Nope. Should we expect scenes of 10 year old girls getting repeatedly shot in the body and face? Absolutely. Do humans spout insanely unrealistic amounts of blood whenever they're hurt? Damn straight.

I thought this was pretty good, but it really deserved the 25-episode treatment.

hahaha that is a awesome review and pretty much nails it lol

Soldato
I've been chipping away at JoJo's adventure, got the first season done though that felt like 3 in itself and now on with the official second season but it's almost a parody of card games and Pokemon with their shells.

Back
Top Bottom