The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Cheers, I've added it to my Netflix list, I may download it to my tablet to watch tomorrow as I've got to take my dad to the hospital and usually end up spending a couple of hours minimum sat in the car :) (I think nwtflix allows download to tablet on it's app).

I started watching Harmony last night which is looking good, but I had to turn it off halfway through as I was too tired to keep going.

I'm currently about 3 series, and 2 films down out of my November/December buys...Only about 20 more to go:p

Ahhh Harmony is really well made, it was one of the first blurays i ever bought! You'll enjoy it

Soldato
Finished reading the light novel version of Let Me Eat Your Pancreas earlier. Was quite good really although differed from the live action version. Need to read the manga version yet and then watch the anime film version when I can.

Edit:
And read the manga too ... It's not bad and follows the novel pretty well. To be honest though at the moment I rate them:

Live action film > novel > manga

I just like the way they've done the film with it being told in flash back from the main male character as an adult. Whilst it's been changed in this way (I suspect so they could give a part to a well known adult female Japanese actress) it is fairly true to the core story with only one real significant change in how the end is done.

Last edited:
Associate
Evangelion TV ending was rushed as Gainax ran out of budget or something which led to a poor confusing ending..which they had to resolve by making End of Evangelion movie.

Commissario
OP
That's on my to watch list, but I'm still working through my December ATA and MVM buys :)

I'm currently at about episode 18 or 20 of Assassination Classroom season 1 and thoroughly enjoying it, and still have season 2 and about a dozen other things to watch as I'm barely managing an average of an hour a day (at this rate I'll clear that backlog by June).

Commissario
OP
The new Perfect Blue set looks gorgeous, but i can't justify £90 for it no matter how much I like the film :(

Having said that I have realised that once the add ons have been counted, my Gunsmith Cats kickstarter pledge now works out at about £90 (I went for the premium set and added the artbook).

Commissario
OP
I may have gone a little mad and bought it...

Apparently they may do the book with CD separately at a later date but it's one of my favourite anime films and the look/CD swung it for me.

I think that'll be the third time I've bought it now, DVD (going back to about 2000), the original Blu-ray release, and now this remastered ultimate edition.

I hope they're going to get round to releasing Millennium Actress and Memories at some point as I really want them on blu-ray.

Back
Top Bottom