The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
I've never managed to do that...

I think I started a very long time ago and got about 50 or so series entered then forgot about it (I've got far more than that just on DVD now).

I just had an unexpected knock at the door, a large parcel from Sony DAOC, and rather heavy, i'd forgotten the new Perfect Blue set was out soon.

I haven't opened it up fully but they aren't taking any chances on damage in transit, and from what I can see of the contents It's looking good:)
I'll try and get some pictures this evening.

Soldato
Erm, did a bad thing .... may have picked up the Japanese BD boxset of Kanon (fortunately for way less than its original release price of 62580yen)
It can sit with my Clannad and Clannad After Story sets :)

Edit:
Is it just me or is the AlltheAnime newly announced deal on the Love Live Sunshine movie not really a great deal ... £90 for something you can import for quite a bit less (~£20 less) including shipping and customs and get sooner by importing yourself. And yes that seems to be the same version with the cd, booklets and unsubbed video content although not the extra posters they have listed in their more expensive version

Last edited:
Associate
What. A. Start. Can't wait to see where this is going. AoT really gets the blood pumping.
I initially had a meh attitude after the shift of plot overall but I thought i'll stick with it as i've watched them all so might aswell finish it, despite the shift it's still entertaining to watch even with filler episodes.

Associate
I initially had a meh attitude after the shift of plot overall but I thought i'll stick with it as i've watched them all so might aswell finish it, despite the shift it's still entertaining to watch even with filler episodes.

It was a bit out of no where yea. Good to get back to familiar territory now. Judging by the creepy teaser at the end of the last season, we're in for more chaos like season 1.

Caporegime
From the New World.

It's the future, and everything's gone to ****! :eek:

1,000 years ago something terrible happened. Tokyo was destroyed, and Japan's population was reduced to just 60,000. Now human civilisation exists in some kind of developmental cul de sac where most technology is medieval, communities are controlled by a curious blend of religion and social conditioning, electricity is available for only a handful of applications, everyone has psychic powers, and nobody seems to have any interest in scientific advancement.

Outside the scattered villages, dangerous mutants roam freely. Among these are the Monster Rats, a race of humanoid creatures with vast colonies numbering in tens and hundreds of thousands. While they fight viciously between themselves, the Monster Rats are subservient to humans, whom they regard as gods due to their superior intelligence and innate psychic ability.

This fragile equilibrium is shaken by a series of strange events that initially seem unconnected, but gradually reveal themselves as part of a heinous plan to destroy the last remaining humans and repopulate Earth with a newly dominant species.

From the New World brings a whole bunch of great ideas to the table, and presents them with flair. Some of the editing decisions are odd (resulting in abrupt scene changes that make you wonder if you've missed half an episode) but overall, the story flows well.

The conclusion felt a little rushed; I think it really needed an extra two episodes to wrap up. Nevertheless, highly recommended!

Associate
From the New World.

It's the future, and everything's gone to ****! :eek:

1,000 years ago something terrible happened. Tokyo was destroyed, and Japan's population was reduced to just 60,000. Now human civilisation exists in some kind of developmental cul de sac where most technology is medieval, communities are controlled by a curious blend of religion and social conditioning, electricity is available for only a handful of applications, everyone has psychic powers, and nobody seems to have any interest in scientific advancement.

Outside the scattered villages, dangerous mutants roam freely. Among these are the Monster Rats, a race of humanoid creatures with vast colonies numbering in tens and hundreds of thousands. While they fight viciously between themselves, the Monster Rats are subservient to humans, whom they regard as gods due to their superior intelligence and innate psychic ability.

This fragile equilibrium is shaken by a series of strange events that initially seem unconnected, but gradually reveal themselves as part of a heinous plan to destroy the last remaining humans and repopulate Earth with a newly dominant species.

From the New World brings a whole bunch of great ideas to the table, and presents them with flair. Some of the editing decisions are odd (resulting in abrupt scene changes that make you wonder if you've missed half an episode) but overall, the story flows well.

The conclusion felt a little rushed; I think it really needed an extra two episodes to wrap up. Nevertheless, highly recommended!

I remember watching that! That was one trippy show. Strange events is one way of putting it. Nonetheless it was excellent. Lots of social commentary weaved into the show.

Associate
all the anime.com have got SAOII Blu-ray at a reduced price, as they taking orders for Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online part 1. also if you use "PINKDEVIL" when ordering you get £5 off so instead of early bird price of £34.99 you get for £29.99 but I don'y know how long it for. only found out as it apply "PINKDEVIL" code automatically for me when ordering.

Commissario
OP
The BD of Tenchi is well done, I wish they'd do Universe and the other OVA arcs.

I've not really been watching much this last couple of weeks, I may put the new Perfect Blue release on tonight (that's a lovely set), and I've got a load of stuff left over from Crhistmas still.

Associate
I really want the Patlabor Movie to be released in the UK and eagerly waiting for Harmony gold to release their licensing right to original Macross so we can finally have a official western release of japanese audio with english subtitles Macross and Macross DYRL.
I have two copies of the movie in blu-ray but with no english subtitles.

I've mainly been watching AOT, started season 1 of Baki and need to get back on that.

Commissario
OP
Re Patlabor, if they'd continued to release it on BD I would have bought everything, it's a great series and 3 great films.

Macross may be a bit harder as IIRC there are still issues with the two japanese companies so even without HG there may be a problem, but I can't remember the details of how the legal situation ended up (who got what rights, just that the two would rather see each other basically burn to the ground than agree to anything that gives the other more money;)).

All the anime are doing a bundle of 9 titles for £40 as part of a warehouse clearance.

I've taken the plunge, so I suspect in a few weeks I'll probably have a few more duplicated sets:p

Last edited:
Soldato
As much as I would like to take the plunge on the AtA offer I just think that I have too much of their catalogue from previous orders / offers which means it will be mostly duplicates

(Kinda like I have the Tenchi OVA BD release)

Back
Top Bottom