The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Well I doubt anything will every beat Your Name, and I thought A Silent Voice was good, recent stuff like Napping Princess/Mary and the Witches Flower/Maquia have all been subpar.

Hopefully Weathering With You will be good, and I still have some other older films to watch like I Want To Eat Your Pancreas/Mirai/Summer Wars/Genius Party/Tekkonkinkreet

Your Name was very good, but I do like all of Makoto Shinkai's stuff, as was a Silent Voice ... I actually thought Mary and the Witches Flower was ok too. Napping Princess, Maquia, Fireworks and Mirai were all less than they could have been in my opinion. Anthem of the Heart was quite good though.

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas ... is difficult. I seen the anime film and read the manga and novel but I actually prefer the live action movie to all of them as the way it presented the story felt better overall (even though it appeared the main reason that they changed it was because they'd got a well known Japanese actress and needed to work out how to use her). Summer Wars is good but not exactly recent. Tekkonkinkreet ... was ok although it was over 10 years since I last watched it.

@Werewolf ... I hadn't seen that and frankly I'm glad its coming to Netflix, which I don't have ...

Soldato
Just finished the first season of attack on titan, what an awesome show! I wish the second and third seasons had 25 episodes like the first. Is it still ongoing or does it finish on the third season? I'm hesitant to google the answer as it always throws up spoilers whenever I google anything.

Associate
Just finished the first season of attack on titan, what an awesome show! I wish the second and third seasons had 25 episodes like the first. Is it still ongoing or does it finish on the third season? I'm hesitant to google the answer as it always throws up spoilers whenever I google anything.
There will be fourth season.

Soldato
Has anyone seen the new Ghost in the Shell trailer?
I'm very much in two minds as I want more GITS, but the trailer looks more like something from a game cut scene than an anime.

I saw this and my god it looks shockingly bad. Why Netflix has gone this route with GITS i will never know. 100% wont watch it if it looks like that

Soldato

There is plenty to go and 12 episodes in season 2 and 22 in season 3

Caporegime
Thoroughly enjoyed Garo: Vanishing Line.

Now having a great time with Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken. :D

I'm very much in two minds as I want more GITS, but the trailer looks more like something from a game cut scene than an anime.

Everyone responsible for this abomination should be lined up against a wall and shot to death.

Associate
I'm still hoping there will be an EU/UK release of that on BD at some point as I'd love to get it on on blu-ray but I'm not getting a region free blu-ray player:)

Just when it can't get anymore mediocre after the live action movie(I did like it as a whole, just didn't like the fact they fit in a "origin" scene to try justify her originally being asian and now have a caucasian body)
I'm all for Netflix supporting other artist for this new animated film but the whole thing just looks terrible.

Soldato
I tend to think this with a lot of 'Netflix' anime, there tends to use a lot of CGI in the shows they help sponsor, and I just don't think it looks anywhere near as nice as the less obvious CGI/hand drawn approach other places take.

I am grateful they help get projects off the ground/help fund continued projects where other networks support has died off a bit (for example Terrace House) but I don't like the way they seem to push CGI on anime.

It may be a case this is just unfortunate impression given by some shows I've seen, but it kinda feels like they mandate it for some reason (cost or otherwise)...

Caporegime
Finished Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken. It has some terrific subtle references. I can't be the only one who spotted the Salt Bae parody? :D

Now watching Beelzebub. It's hilariously dumb, and I cannot possibly see how they can keep the gag running for 60 episodes, but I don't mind switching my brain off to find out.

Caporegime
Finished Beelzebub. What a ride! Hilariously entertaining, and I particularly loved the constant breach of the 4th wall.

Now watching JoJo no Kimyô-na Bôken. The art style is horrible, but I can't deny that it lives up to the 'bizarre' part of the title. The first three episodes are practically an entire season all by themselves!

3fyefs.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive started to pick up Durarara x2 again to make a push and finish this show.

Its really good and i highly recommend it to anyone however i need to really focus when watching as the character stories are all intermingled and it takes focus to follow them all properly.

Soldato
Anyone watching
Didn’t I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life?! the anime?:(
DON`T
I have been buying the LN on my kindle for ages,really enjoying this series
BUT they have butchered the Anime,missed out the first Arc,events out of order or completely new/different
and this is just the first episode.Can`t bring myself to watch anymore atm,Really disappointed

Soldato
I have read ALL the LN and it is a BIG disappointment to me
and it is just too silly imho of course
My comment was more aimed at people who have read the novels and thought that it was a good idea to watch the Anime

Soldato
Yes, but you are likely in the minority. For most people the fact it doesn't follow the source material exactly doesn't actually manner as they haven't read it to compare and, given the light nature of the series, they probably wont go to it from watching the series if they do choose to watch it. Saying people should just not watch it is wrong ... there is nothing wrong with the series as a stand alone entity as just a no brainer light series to watch.

Back
Top Bottom