The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Isekai Ojisan is hilarious. Brilliantl ol

Sadly next few episodes are delayed, seems some production issues. The ones that are our are great though.

As long as quality stays good I don't mind a delay.

Loving ti so far, apparently it had some episodes delayed due to a covid outbreak at the studio so wouldnt be surprised if this has happened again.

Really want Tsundere Elf to get isekai'd to Japan

The nurse in episode 1 who took Ojisans temp looks a lot like tsundere elf and he speaks to her in the other language and either she understands him or just plays along with what she thinks he said

Soldato
Loving ti so far, apparently it had some episodes delayed due to a covid outbreak at the studio so wouldnt be surprised if this has happened again.

Really want Tsundere Elf to get isekai'd to Japan

The nurse in episode 1 who took Ojisans temp looks a lot like tsundere elf and he speaks to her in the other language and either she understands him or just plays along with what she thinks he said

Yes I thought that as well, but didn't go back to check. The other world they go to looks like a lot of fun!

Commissario
OP
Watched the first few episodes of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tonight and really like it so far.
Same here, it's looking good so far.

In completely unrelated news, the show with all the A names is having it's second season (aria the natural) being released by MVM, and they've got the first half up for an early bird price this week, with the second part next week I think:)
I'm very happy with that as I wasn't sure season 1 sold enough for them to to ahead with the later seasons (I know they've dropped a few, as IIRC Patlabor only got the first OVA set).

Soldato
Watched the first few episodes of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tonight and really like it so far.

Episode 1 so far only (I don't often binge shows I usually prefer to spread out across days).

Really good I thought, they absolutely nailed the feel of Night City.

Interested to see where the next episodes go, but Trigger are well known for wild rides.

Soldato
I've done to ep4 so far, planning to do a couple of eps per night for next 3 days.

I'd go so far as to say the anime improves upon the atmosphere the game creates, though it's clear to see that the game has influenced a lot of it.

I like seeing all of the locations from the game pop up, when they've made very reasonable replicas in the anime, like the Afterlife club, and I'm sure they were outside the Moxie joint in the car park as well. The apartment is a gimme.

Soldato
I think if you've played the game you enjoy Edgerunners more as you've got a idea of the mods and world it's set in and how they've used little things like the ring tone from the game, but if you haven't it' still worth a watch. Don't get me wrong it's no Arcane but definately enjoyable for a game tie in

Soldato
Current season ending and new ones coming in soon, so a quick look at what I've enjoyed from last season, what I've yet to see, and what I'm planning to check out next season.

Good stuff from ending season

Overlord S4 - This has been a really good season, best one since S1 I'd say. The cast is really good and I always enjoy a darker twist on things. Overlord remains one of my top isekai for sure.
Lycoris Recoil - A nice blend of slice of life and serious drama, with really nice art, a fun premise, and great VA work from the main duo. Definitely recommend this.
Shadows House S2 - This show is great, reminds me a lot of The Promised Neverland. Highly recommend watching both seasons.
Isekai Ojisan - I've really liked this so far, but the momentum is killing it a bit, episode 8 is scheduled in like November now I think, so a long wait. This seems like it will span into next season now thanks to major production issues.

Pending to see

Made in Abyss S2 - Going to re-watch S1, then the movie I've not seen, then try out S2. I've never been as into this as my friend is, but I'll give it another shot and see if I feel the same with the new content.
Summertime Render - This looks like it would be right up my alley, patiently waiting for the current season to end before I start it. September 29th for that so not long to go.

Next season stuff to try

Chainsaw Man - Probably the most hyped thing at the moment. Looks interesting but don't know much about it.
Mob Psycho S3 - This grew on me, the art style isn't always what I'd like, but it works really well in the fight scenes. Interested to check out S3.
Spy x Family Part 2 - Waku Waku!
To your Eternity S2 - S1 had it's ups and downs, but I think S1 EP1 was an amazing mini-story in it's own right, and one of the strongest 1st episodes of any anime I've seen.
Eminence in Shadow - I love the look of the character art style. Don't really need anything else.
Reincarnated as a Sword - This is probably not going to be great, but I'll see if it can be fun at least.
Villainess so taming the Final Boss - I love Villainess anime I've seen before, so worth a go. Next life as a Villainess is great.
Akiba Maid War - I'm sold on the idea of maid wars alone tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gundam - The Witch of Mercury is out soon.

Gundam seems such a huge franchise, I'm not sure it's a rabbit hole I want to go down. I think a lot of the fanbase grew up with it.

Surprised we're getting more Seven deadly sins

1 Looks interesting, it's studio WIT and they usually do good work, but it's 2024 before it comes out.

2 Doesn't look great, I'm not really into the 3D CG, especially when they use it for main characters. Only a couple of exceptions to that, Land of the Lustrous was amazing.

3 I don't think it's an official anime as the studio isn't based in Japan, more like a western style anime I guess. Actually looks pretty good though from the trailer, it's out in November, could be worth a try based on the trailer shown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Back
Top Bottom