The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Demon Slayer now has me super excited for the final arc… wonder how long we have to wait. The training arc felt like a side quest and we only got going in the last episode.
I've just binge watched S1-3 on Netflix, I'm tempted to do the 30 day free Crunchyroll trial on Prime to watch S4...

Reactions: LiE
I would save the trial until you have more than that to watch.

90% of S4 is filler, and can be done in a montage of him training. Most of the story arc stuff are in the last episode.
In all fairness that probably a wise choice. I'm in the throws of moving and relocating to Norfolk and my Internet has just been cut off in this property. Unfortunately my 4G signal is pretty poor here and It would take too long for anything to load.

ah ok season you mean these couple of months. lol I thought you meant season as in the show season.

No, anime seasons run for 3 months (it's why most shows are 12 episodes) because they are 12 weeks and an episode once per week roughly.

Split cours so 24-25 episode seasons can bridge across two, and sometimes get a gap of say 3 months.

The latest season only just started at the start of July, so most new shows are on episode 1 or 2, it's always an interesting time to check out new shows.

Rundown of some new shows I've tried out from this season. These are basically all at episode 1.

Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian - Nice romcom so far. Animation is good.
Bye Bye, Earth - I like the world building in this. Human who is in a world of animal-type humanoids and is a bit of an outsider for that reason.
Days With My Stepsister - This is basically Domestic Girlfriend storyline but way less trashy. I don't know why Japan is obsessed with step-sibling relationships but it's alright so far, am sure this is going to be deeper than two almost-strangers being forced to live together.
The Elusive Samurai - Tonal whiplash on this one. One minute it's joking the next it's a bunch of people being killed.
Failure Frame - Edgy anime of the season. CGI on the enemy mobs feels pretty meh.
Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines! - Side character becomes main character? Maybe. Guy is basically on-watcher to other happenings.
SHOSHIMIN: How to Become Ordinary - Same author as Hyouka, similar principle. Liked that so watching this.
Suicide Squad Isekai - Fun take on isekai though I only recognise Harley.
Wistoria: Wand and Sword - Sort of like Mashle except less comedy and more serious.

Last edited:
So are they going GT route now or something? What happened to broli after he was made canon?

My impression is Daima will be a standalone series that either doesn't fit into the canon, or it just loosely runs alongside it, kinda like how the movies did with the original DBZ series.

There is still an ongoing manga continuation of DB Super after the Tournament of Power that hasn't been adapted yet, so that's why I'm doubtful this will replace the canon, but we'll see I guess.

Kaiju Season 2 returning 2025!!

Also another trailer for the My Hero Academia Movie - Your Next. Is Dark Might All Might?!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom