The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Haha, I'd post some pictures of that artbook as well, the only problem is I'm worried I'd damage it, which I want to avoid at all costs; as well, it's not easy or cheap to get (Otaku.co.uk told me they couldn't get it), and it's in really good condition bar a little knock on the corner of a few pages.

Started Planetes earlier; you were right, it seems like it's going to be an enjoyable watch so far. The setting isn't one I've seen covered in a lot of series (as I've not seen too many proper SciFi, and this insn't exactly the same as the likes of Gundam), but its got some good banter as well.

Looking forward to seeing how nappy boy and girl get on over the series, although I'm guessing that at least might be a little...perhaps stereotypical haha

Associate
Is anyone watching the new Hunter x Hunter 2011 remake? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hunter_%C3%97_Hunter_(2011)_episodes

So glad they are remaking it, and hopefully finishing it to the end this time! New voice actors are pretty good. Hopefully Killua is good too when he makes his appearance! Just about to watch the latest episode 2.

Seems this remake is focussed more on character development and less on the action. Hopefully there will still be some good action scenes, though!

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched the first episode of the Hunter X Hunter episode ... and to be honest I didn't get on with it at all. I don't know if it's due to seeing the original series this is a remake of, but I just didn't like it ...

Finished a re-watch of Nyan Koi! this evening. Reasonable little series about a chap who is allergic to cats but has to help them for various reasons ... plus the usual sorts of lover triangle type comedy on the top. It's not a massively ground breaking series but it was a reasonably fun watch.

Associate
It's taken me about 18 months, but I'm now up to date with Naruto (watched all 440 odd episodes :eek: ).

So, any suggestions for a series a should give a try? I love the quirkiness and Japanese humour of Naruto, so something similar would be nice. A sci-fi fan as well, so something with mech's in would go down well :)

Is Bleach worth a punt?

TIA :)

Soldato
It's taken me about 18 months, but I'm now up to date with Naruto (watched all 440 odd episodes :eek: ).

So, any suggestions for a series a should give a try? I love the quirkiness and Japanese humour of Naruto, so something similar would be nice. A sci-fi fan as well, so something with mech's in would go down well :)

Is Bleach worth a punt?

TIA :)

Welcome back from your cave! Try One Piece and we'll see you in 2015, seeya!

Soldato
As a small aside Manga UK have basically confirmed they've got Spice and Wolf.

Had to laugh when they asked me why I'd imported though, perhaps because by the time they release it it will have been out in the states for about a year and a half, and as far as I've noticed thier releases tends to be identical to the US one? :D

Might still pick it up though to have a UK version and support the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, at least Yen have confirmed they have them all, it'd be nice if they increased the release rate even if only slightly though.
Still it comes out near my birthday so gives me something to look forward to.

Commissario
OP
/makes note to actually read books 2-4.

If Manga were to actually say they were looking at titles it might help stop with the importation.
I like to try and support the UK market, but when a title has been out in the US for a year+ I tend to take it as "I might as well get the new budget R1, as it's obviously not coming out here".

Depending on the price, and my budget if it does get a UK release I may buy it again.

Soldato
As a small aside Manga UK have basically confirmed they've got Spice and Wolf.

Had to laugh when they asked me why I'd imported though, perhaps because by the time they release it it will have been out in the states for about a year and a half, and as far as I've noticed thier releases tends to be identical to the US one? :D

Might still pick it up though to have a UK version and support the series.

By the time they release it is likely to be over two years (original DVD release was Dec '09).

If they'd licensed it then and said they were going to release in # months then I might of waited but I'm not going to re-buy it from them given their track record, (and I've double dipped on the BD release anyway)

Soldato
Watched the Maria Sama live action movie the other night
thanks ;)
I must say that they did a good job of following the storyline,well the animé version anyway
The location and scenery/school buildings were quite similar to the animé
The actress portraying the characters also were imho good too
Yumi-could have been more rounded in the face but the mannerisms matched well
Sachiko-no real complaints
Hoshino-best of the lot in both looks and mannerism
Rei-also very similar
Shimako-hair colour could have been a lighter shade and more wavy(am being picky I know)
Satou Sae-not as westernised as the animé (bit disappointed in the choice of her for the character )
The actor playing Kashiwagi was a poor choice though he was not as arrogant as the animé and looked way to young and timid to me

This was my overall opinion .There were no subs and I had a bit of trouble following the story,if I had not been familiar with the series I would have been very lost.(Hope to see it released with subs over here )
The film covered about half of the first series?perhaps? Any way it went up to the event..... but not beyond it (Being ambiguous so as not to spoil it ;) )

Soldato
Random aside, and I know they aren't meant to be great but apparently Film4 are showing the Deathnote films this month.

The first film, entitled Death Note, will be shown at 22.35 on 23rd October. The second film, Death Note: The Last Name, will follow directly afterwards at 01.00 on 24th October.

Soldato
For any people in Nottingham the Broadway Cinema in Hockley is showing Arrietty from Saturday 22nd October - Friday 28th October.

Looks like they are showing it dubbed (edit: although looking at the site they are all dubbed apart from the Sunday showing which will be subbed). The weekday show times aren't exactly work friendly at 15:15.

@ANDARIAL, yep with out knowing the story of M-S already it would be rather difficult to follow the film :). The film covers the first story arc of season one which is only the first three episodes so run time wise the film actually tells this over the longer time than the anime hence doesn't cut things out making it easier to understand.

Last edited:
Associate
Welcome back from your cave! Try One Piece and we'll see you in 2015, seeya!
Hehe, thank you for that - all 519 episodes and counting :eek: :)

Seriously, thanks for that
icon14.gif

Any one else have any suggestions? And as per my original post, what's Bleach like?

Soldato
For any people in Nottingham the Broadway Cinema in Hockley is showing Arrietty from Saturday 22nd October - Friday 28th October.

Looks like they are showing it dubbed (edit: although looking at the site they are all dubbed apart from the Sunday showing which will be subbed). The weekday show times aren't exactly work friendly at 15:15.

Probably a bit too much of a trek for me and I've got a feeling I'm working that Sunday :(
Nice opportunity for those who live a bit nearer though.

@Dagwood
Sorry I don't tend to check out really long shows in the shounen area, but Full Metal Alchemist might be worth a shot. Although I've not seen Brotherhood yet, I understand both series do some things better. Brotherhood basically being a retelling that doesn't diverge from the manga about half way.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the details are out for the US release of Madoka Majica ... comes in three parts and three releases:

DVD $30
BD $40
BD/DVD/CD LE $75

And those are the discounted (TRSI) prices not list. Ouch for the LE's, the series was ok but not >$200 ok. BD's are supposed to be egion free though.

Series will be released next year starting February.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I noticed yesterday.
Still the reason it's been delayed is legitimate; I'd rather they fixed it before release than let it go out like that (on the masters they just got in, during QC they noticed they didn't play properly on the PS3!).

Soldato
I don't think I should comment on Manga UK ... but at least they are fixing a product and doing some QC this time ...

As for Haruhi ... well HK BD with subs ... check, US BD ... check, no need for another copy ...

Back
Top Bottom