The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Permabanned
Don't buy anything from edu store yet back to school deal goes live on Friday with a free pair of beats that you could easily sell on eBay for £100

Soldato
MBP won't be refreshed in autumn except maybe the 15" the iPad and air will be updated, it ends 6th September I think

Stupid Apple. If they had bumped the MBP specs to the new Intel CPUs as expected then I would be very tempted. Apparently the entry level MBP has a worse graphics card than the entry 2012 model...

Soldato
I'm looking at replacing my mid-09 white MacBook as to be honest, it's old and slow. I can get the MBP 13" with Retina (2.7 GHz, 8Gb, 128Gb) for £716. However, if I sell my old one and the free Beats headphones it should work out for around £581.

How does that sound?

Or I can get the MBA 13" base spec with an additional 4GB of RAM for £530.

Good deal? Which should I go for?

Associate
Does anyone know if Apple still offers 3 year (hardware) cover for free on student purchases? It doesn't mention it on the education store anywhere and when I asked on the live chat they didn't seem to know what I was talking about?

Edit: Ok, I spoke to a much more helpful live help person who confirmed it does indeed still come with a 3 year warranty. I don't understand why Apple doesn't make this more clear on the website :confused:. If they didn't offer a 3 year warranty I wouldn't buy one, surely not advertising this clearly must just put people off (who don't already know about it).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom