The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Permabanned
Where it states 1 desktop per year for students is that a calendar year or academic year?

I got my imac in March and want to get another.

Associate
Where it states 1 desktop per year for students is that a calendar year or academic year?

I got my imac in March and want to get another.

I think its academic year, how on earth do you afford these machines if your a student? I know i couldnt afford it on my student budget atm lol.

Soldato
I just bought a macbook air and I was told by the Apple guy that I qualify for the HE 3 year warranty for free since I am with a University. But he didnt register me or anything.

Are they supposed to physically register me onto 3 year warranty or something? Can someone help me please? Thanks.

Soldato
Stolen from the Media Event thread.

20101020-87mk456ufukhemr1m3aiupaxys.jpg

Soldato
I just bought a macbook air and I was told by the Apple guy that I qualify for the HE 3 year warranty for free since I am with a University. But he didnt register me or anything.

Are they supposed to physically register me onto 3 year warranty or something? Can someone help me please? Thanks.

all the info you need is in previous posts, worth reading through the whole thread, bit of a bummer I know ;)

it's supposed to be done automatically and can take up to 2 months to appear in your warranty status.

Soldato
all the info you need is in previous posts, worth reading through the whole thread, bit of a bummer I know ;)

it's supposed to be done automatically and can take up to 2 months to appear in your warranty status.

I did read it but as far as I could tell there was no mention as to how to register for it specifically?

Also how do I pull up my warranty status?

Soldato
well for me i just kept banging on at them on the phone and then one day it was changed

go to the apple uk website, support, check your service and support coverage (right hand side). stick your serial number in.

Soldato
Reading the OP I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying I can't get the 3 year warranty if I go into store? Only if I order online/telephone? It's a bit silly, how am I suppose to show my student card over the telephone :S

Soldato
Reading the OP I'm a bit confused.

Are you saying I can't get the 3 year warranty if I go into store? Only if I order online/telephone? It's a bit silly, how am I suppose to show my student card over the telephone :S

They tend to believe you. :)

And yes the OP is correct, you don't get the warranty in store.

Back
Top Bottom