The Apprentice 2018 (Series 14) - 3rd October

Soldato
I only started watching The Aprentice half way through the series before last and I truly believe most contestants are in there for the joke factor, well all of them it does seem like, but I do find it cringeworthingly funny.

Soldato
You think the candidates are clever enough for that degree of connivance - they are just after their 15 minutes of fame. (like Xfactor/love island/...?)

Should definitely have @Andrew_McP as one of the interviewers.

There does not appear to be any betting odds available yet on the candidates ... before they have opened their (cosmetically enhanced) mouths

I would like to know how these kind of programmes fulfill the BBC's charter, is the sole criteria viewing figures, ?
(A BBC interview with Bodyguard producer showed this is was just a macheovelic/facebook-style audience grab - get someone from GOT, good pre-show advertising .... to what end)
If this programme no longer exists elsewhere in the world, does it's existance expose something insidious about UK culture (maybe we will be better off solo, post brexit)

...agree with the tape it and watch in fast forward strategy, viewing statistics don't report that, or people who multi-task TV(fith gear) with OC posting.

Caporegime
If this programme no longer exists elsewhere in the world, does it's existance expose something insidious about UK culture (maybe we will be better off solo, post brexit)

It's just that the UK loves reality TV I think, I mean this isn't the classic "The Apprentice" from years ago, it's now a pretty low key parody of that show with a new cast of people desperate for some fame with the one candidate who will win thrown in with their good business idea.

Soldato
Do people get taken seriously in professional interviews if they turn up with piercings ?
.... don't mention the lipswar has a brash charm though

they are not allowed to use smart phones ?

Back
Top Bottom