• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
As promised the screenshot of 3Ghz using the OCWBeta3 bios....which you can see in CPU-Z showing as version 1.41 and this is stable in SuperPI.

Ram timings are a bit pap as I'm not able to run dual channel and board does not seem to like my RAM too much, 2Gb kit coming soon though :D

Goes to show this bios is NOT 274HTT capped, non that I have tried so far seem to be either.
Stu

Very odd; these BIOSes seem to be very "querky" - I wonder whether being in single channel makes the difference as mine was in dual and just would not boot at 276 whereas in OCWbeta1 and 2 it would boot at 290.

BTW your Super-PI is a bit slow; hope that the new RAM will improve that for you.

Associate
Topitoff said:
Very odd; these BIOSes seem to be very "querky" - I wonder whether being in single channel makes the difference as mine was in dual and just would not boot at 276 whereas in OCWbeta1 and 2 it would boot at 290.

BTW your Super-PI is a bit slow; hope that the new RAM will improve that for you.
Yeah I really don't know why my SuperPI times are so low....what settings impact on these?

Stu

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
Yeah I really don't know why my SuperPI times are so low....what settings impact on these?

Stu

As an example my Sempron @2.5GHz does Super-PI in the same time as your Opty; my Opty @2.8 will do 30.5 in the Asrock but 29.8 in my Neo2.

You need to make sure nothing else is running; use dual channel; nice tight timmings help and so will 1T; the difference between the Asrock and Neo2 times is because I can run at 1T in the Neo2.

T

Associate
Ive got a coold boot issue too. on bios 1.4. It will always ignore my raptor in sata1 and boot of my other 80gb drive in sata2 on time on.
nevermind not the end of the world just annoying.

I know nothing about heatsinks will the Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower fit on this motherboard without the backplate?

Newcastle 3500+
1GB pc3200 Crucial Ballsitx
74 Raptor + 80GB wd
Aopen 6800GT
Audigy 2
Coolermaster wavemaster
Veiwsonic vx910

Associate
theboyrob said:
My Opty does SUper Pi in 33 secs with 1T, but only 35 secs with 2T

I am still trying to find a bios where I can boot from cold above 285HTT, so annoying!

Which HTT multi are you using? I find booting and stablity in any BIOS at 600 is aweful. atm I'm using 800 with HTT at 280. Try 400 for higher HTTs might be a solution.

Just my findings; hope it helps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick Q as I wil be hopefully starting building my system tomorrow with a thermaltake SOPRANO Case, now i have looked at the case and 2 out of the 3 fans on the "case" have normal Molex connectors on them and they also have small connectors that would fit onto the motherboard, Should i fit them onto the ASrock motherboard or directly fit them onto the molex's please as I am not 100% sure how to wire them up! :)

thanks

Associate
theboyrob said:
i am using 600 mate, so 3 x 285 = 955Mhz

Should I try 400?

Give it a try - you ain't got anything to lose; don't think it will run at 285+ at 800; mine blue screens at 290 and 800. Haven't got round to trying 400 as I need to volt mod the board as the Opty needs more volts at 290 to benchmark etc..

T

Associate
theboyrob said:
I can bench mine at 300HTT, but soon as I restart I get no display, and have to reset the cmos and start a fresh each time!

I know the problem; sometimes the reset works but then the cpu voltage and multi option reverts back to default :( .

I think not using 600 seems to have sorted mine.

Associate
swanseajack said:
Ok can someone plz just cut to the chase and tell me, is this mobo worth getting?

I'm having so many problems with my Asus A8V, just want somthing that will run stable, not looking to OC much.

Cheers.

SJ.

Its the only Mb to go for if you need an 939 with agp+PCIE and future upgrade path/

At standard speed everything is 100% stable, but O'cing takes a little time on this Mb as the bios is all labeled incorrectly ! but you get used to that.

I've now got my 146 Opteron CAYBE 0540FPMW sitting at 3050Mhz stable with 1.45volts :) on an Artic Cooler 64 Pro.
It also runs my 144 opty CAB2E 0540FPMW at 2970mhz stable with 1.45 :) too, and i've not yet had to do the vcore mod.

Back
Top Bottom