• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
Seeing as I've killed the sata controller on my NF7S 2.0 I ordered one of these boards and a Athlon 64 3200 Venice to go with it too. well excited about this turning up. Looks like I made a good choice from the reaction this board gives everybody in here so I can now play my games and be ready for PCI Express too :D

Associate
smithy1983 said:
jesus its a pain to get the agp card out of its slot just put a 7800 in it and is working fine up to now :)

I noticed when building it up that the Agp card required stupid amounts of force to get it in the slot, the mb was flexing and creeking ! as was bricking my self.
All worked out good thought.

When i get around to getting a 7800 I'll probably leave it in there and run a dual screen setup or more !

Soldato
strange Q here for you guys.

Just built my new machine with the ASrock, i fitted a multi card readyer into my system, with a USB header that goes onto the motherboard, now everything has installed fine, BUT My hard drive is now called letter I not c as i use to have it, tried to change it in disk management, but it wont let me as it is boot device, any secret way of changing it as one of the multi card slots is now called C, I have of course tried to change that which it will let me, just windows wont allow me to change boot device drive letter from I back to C, i suppose i can live with it, but you kind of get used to a certain letter dont you

Soldato
chef said:
strange Q here for you guys.

Just built my new machine with the ASrock, i fitted a multi card readyer into my system, with a USB header that goes onto the motherboard, now everything has installed fine, BUT My hard drive is now called letter I not c as i use to have it, tried to change it in disk management, but it wont let me as it is boot device, any secret way of changing it as one of the multi card slots is now called C, I have of course tried to change that which it will let me, just windows wont allow me to change boot device drive letter from I back to C, i suppose i can live with it, but you kind of get used to a certain letter dont you

Best thing you can do dude is remove the card reader, and then fromat and re-install Windows, only way round it I think.

Soldato
Yeah thats what i am doing now, only put XP on in last 10 minutes anyhow, so may as well. I have unplugged card reader till i have xp installed and will leave it for the time being. You just so used to something being called one thing that it fox's you when its called another.

Anyhow, Happy so far,,,, although, have to install everything which takes a while,

Another thing one of you may know before i make a new post.

I use Microsoft Outlook, (not express!) for all my emails. Any way of saving everything i have in outlook (contact, addresses, emails etc) and putting into my new computer somehow ?? not sure about how to do this, as i dont really want to loose all my emails from people

cheers

Soldato
chef said:
Yeah thats what i am doing now, only put XP on in last 10 minutes anyhow, so may as well. I have unplugged card reader till i have xp installed and will leave it for the time being. You just so used to something being called one thing that it fox's you when its called another.

Anyhow, Happy so far,,,, although, have to install everything which takes a while,

Another thing one of you may know before i make a new post.

I use Microsoft Outlook, (not express!) for all my emails. Any way of saving everything i have in outlook (contact, addresses, emails etc) and putting into my new computer somehow ?? not sure about how to do this, as i dont really want to loose all my emails from people

cheers

Yup thats easy Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files :)

Associate
1.50 might be worth it for anyone who has had memory stability problems. I have tried every other bios both official and unofficial. All of them forced me to run at DDR333 rather than DDR400 else I would have stability problems. Now, with 1.50, I seem to run fine at DDR400 (three passes of memtest, a couple of hours of prime95).

It still incorrectly auto detects my ram at DDR333, but once changed to DDR400 it works fine.

It would seem that there have been changes other than Asrock's official changelist if my experiences are anything to go by.

Associate
Just a quicky about the memory divider settings on this board..........

I know the 200/166/133 settings refer to the 1:1, 5/6ths, and 2/3 rds but of what?
Perhaps CPUz is missreading the info but i've got an Opty 146 running at 2600 (260 x 10) and set the mem to 166, so the mem should run at 5/6 of 260 right? (216?)
CPUZ is currently showing the mem running at 173 which is a little low u think? :mad:

Soldato
Tell me, just built mine today with everything thats in my sig, no idea what the bIOS rev is, but what should i flash it to, and is there a idiots guide somewhere of how to flash bios, never done it before, this is all going to be new to me including overclocking the 146

Man of Honour
andyfish said:

I know the 200/166/133 settings refer to the 1:1, 5/6ths, and 2/3 rds but of what?
Perhaps CPUz is missreading the info but i've got an Opty 146 running at 2600 (260 x 10) and set the mem to 166, so the mem should run at 5/6 of 260 right? (216?)
CPUZ is currently showing the mem running at 173 which is a little low u think? :mad:

Yes, you are right. The memory should be running at 5/6ths of 260. I suggest trying some other system info program to see if that reads the memory at 173 or the 216 it should be. That will give you more information to go on.

Associate
andyfish said:

Have you disabled the 'flexibility option' in 'CPU Configuration'?
If not, the BIOS will set a low memory speed.

Associate
My latest findings are that the OCWBeta1 bios is EXCELLENT.

After testing it thoroughly this time round it is by far the best bios out of them all and the only one to detect my ram correctly as DDR400, all the others were detecting it as DDR333.

A big improvement on my SuperPI time as well I might add compaired to my previous screenie I posted.

Gonna see if I can get 3.1Ghz :D

This board really is an overclocking beast for the price!

Stu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom