• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Hello You Asrock Dudes

am really happy with this board, I am trying to set my memory to 1t but it fails to boot up,

I have 4 x 512 corsair value select ddr400, amd 3500 venice watercooled.

is there anything i am doing wrong, or is it crap ram? i am using asrock 1.4 bios.

thanks for your help

Associate
barnsta said:
Hello You Asrock Dudes

am really happy with this board, I am trying to set my memory to 1t but it fails to boot up,

I have 4 x 512 corsair value select ddr400, amd 3500 venice watercooled.

is there anything i am doing wrong, or is it crap ram? i am using asrock 1.4 bios.

thanks for your help
Memory needs to be set to 2T with 4 dimm's in use mate, thats why its not booting, would also recommend trying the OCWBeta1 bios.

Stu

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
Memory needs to be set to 2T with 4 dimm's in use mate, thats why its not booting, would also recommend trying the OCWBeta1 bios.

Stu

Thanks Stu,

are the ocw beta 1 better than the new 1.5?

could u send me a link for ocw bios please, can't find on their site, only mentions in forum.
Thanks

Associate
barnsta said:
Thanks Stu,

are the ocw beta 1 better than the new 1.5?

could u send me a link for ocw bios please, can't find on their site, only mentions in forum.
Thanks
Out of all the bios available so far the one that suits me and that I have found to be the best is OCWBeta1, all I can say really is try it and see how you go.

Stu

Associate
is the beta 3 bios pretty much the same as beta1, am i better to go for the 3?

thanks guys

cheers for your time

Last edited:
Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
Out of all the bios available so far the one that suits me and that I have found to be the best is OCWBeta1, all I can say really is try it and see how you go.

Stu

I agree with him^^^^^.

But I've found problems with CPU-NB link speed of 600 - 400 and 800 OK

T

Associate
Topitoff said:
I agree with him^^^^^.

But I've found problems with CPU-NB link speed of 600 - 400 and 800 OK

T
I can use CPU-NB of 600Mhz (x3) ok at 300HTT, cpu is 3Ghz stable with this setting.

Which bios are you running?

barnsta said:
is the beta 3 bios pretty much the same as beta1, am i better to go for the 3?

thanks guys

cheers for your time
I would say Beta1 is marginally better over Beta3, but try them both see what you think, only real way to be sure.

Stu

Associate
Fireblade2K4 said:
Hmmm strange that, I have no issues at all at 600Mhz (x3)

Does it happen on Beta2 & 3 bios's?

Stu

It occurs on all BIOSs I've tried, 1,2,3 and the Asrock 1.2 and 1.4.

PC will boot at 290, but the 146 needs more volts to benchmark and I haven't done the volt mod., OK at 400 but not 600.

Soldato
Well i have now built my new pc with the Asrock Dual sata, I am completly new to overclocking, my spec is in my sig, (opt 146) etc, Now i have checked BIOS and I believe i have version P1.20 BIOS does that sound right to you ? thats what i see anyhow. Now i want to learn to overclock, but 1st) where do i download new BIOS from. 2) any idiots guides to flashing bios out there ? and 3) What ver BIOS do i need.

many thanks.... A new Overclocking to be virgin!

Associate
chef said:
Well i have now built my new pc with the Asrock Dual sata, I am completly new to overclocking, my spec is in my sig, (opt 146) etc, Now i have checked BIOS and I believe i have version P1.20 BIOS does that sound right to you ? thats what i see anyhow. Now i want to learn to overclock, but 1st) where do i download new BIOS from. 2) any idiots guides to flashing bios out there ? and 3) What ver BIOS do i need.

many thanks.... A new Overclocking to be virgin!
Best thing to do mate which I did was read through this thread and the Opteron Overclocking thread for some general idea on what to do which is here

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17481663

Also for some general background into A64 overclocking which applies look here (this is where I got all the info from that I needed and I was totally new to the A64 platform)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203167&postcount=3

Stu

Associate
Topitoff said:
It occurs on all BIOSs I've tried, 1,2,3 and the Asrock 1.2 and 1.4.

PC will boot at 290, but the 146 needs more volts to benchmark and I haven't done the volt mod., OK at 400 but not 600.
Well using the OCWBeta1 bios I was running 300HTT with 10 multi (3Ghz), 600Mhz (x3) CPU-NB with 1.45v to the core and was stable in SuperPI, 3DMark01SE, Sandra and a few other tests....can understand why you can't run 600Mhz CPU-NB (x3), and I've not done any volt mod at all.

Stu

Back
Top Bottom