• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
Why is my GeForce 6800, stuck in the AGP slot, AGP enabled as the primary graphics adapter in the BIOS, reported as being located in PCI bus 3 in control panel/device manager? Also if I look at the properties for the 6800 from the desktop it is also reported as bus type PCI. Why not AGP?

Confused!

Thanks.

Soldato
surgeon said:
Why is my GeForce 6800, stuck in the AGP slot, AGP enabled as the primary graphics adapter in the BIOS, reported as being located in PCI bus 3 in control panel/device manager? Also if I look at the properties for the 6800 from the desktop it is also reported as bus type PCI. Why not AGP?

Confused!

Thanks.

Dunno, don't care :D but if it's any help, my X800 is the same.
x800_pci3.JPG

Associate
Hmmmmmmm, odd, looks like PCI bus 3 is correct then. I am concerned as I've just been playing CS:Source and on de_inferno was down to 9 fps!!!!! It was never that bad with my Athlon XP 2500+ and 512Mb of RAM. I appreciate tha it's a resource hungry map but that's taking the mickey. LOL I was under the impression that upgrades did just that! Anyone else got any CS:S woes?

Any ideas anyone?

Associate
Angilion said:
My Radeon 9800 Pro AGP appears on PCI bus 4, device 0, function 0 and 1 (it appears as two cards, which is normal).

same here with the 9800 pro except on pci bus 3 :cool: the odd thing is that i get no change on 3Dmark01/05 from unclocked 2.0ghz to clocked 2.6ghz with my opty 146.

Soldato
surgeon said:

Confused!

Thanks.
hi,

is it set to agp in the bios, think the default is pci.

Associate
ns400r said:
Well I have 3 Opterons that I keep changing as I keep playing.

Most of the time I run:- OCWbeta2

Opteron 146.

280 FSB
1.550volts
Memory set to 166Mhz 3-3-3-7

I'll write down the proper settings tomorrow for all the different bits.

Thanks for that, may have to give that a go.

Associate
Re the AGP PCI issue, what I did do (I found similar in a previous posting in this thread) was extract the AGP driver using WinRAR and then go into Control Panel/Device Manager and in the System devices I selected one of the PCI standard PCI to PCI bridge entries of which there were 4 and updated the driver pointing to my extracted AGP driver. It updated and now I have 3 PCI to PCI bridge entries and 1 ULi AGP v3.0 controller. If I look in cotrol panel/device manager/display adapters/nvidia geforce 6800, it still shows as on PCI bus 3, however, if I goto display properties and look at the 6800 tab it now shows in here as Bus AGP8x. I have noticed a definite improvement in fps in CS:S.

Yes, AGP is the primary adapter in BIOS.

Any ideas anyone?

Associate
i am running this board with a 6800le agp card
the gold coloured heatsink below the back end of the agp card (it has 'asrock' written' on it) is very hot - nearly burned my finger on it last pm!!

i remember seeing a pic of a better blue passive heatsink sitting on it modded to fit past the agp card but can't find where it was posted

any ideas?

opteron 146 stock volts running @2.5ghz

Associate
ive just fitted one of these on my mobo, Gigabyte G-Power Pro (Socket A/754/939/478/775) Cooler (GH-PDU21-MF) (HS-004-GI)
should it be a very tight fit or should it be possible to move it slightly as mine does and i get get it as tight as the oner that came with my cpu?

Associate
weird crashes

Hey there

ok so have had this board for a month or so, so far so good except for some weird crashes that i am getting sometimes when I am in outlook 2003.

I thought maybe i was overclocking too much so i put everything onto auto, have changed to every bios out there including ocw, now i am with the standard 1.4 bios. Everything has been ok then suddenly bang it happened again when i was replying to an email.

I get an error message on blue screen but that goes too quickly for me to read. Any suggestions guys?

Soldato
Go into System Properties>Advanced>Startup&Recovery>Settings
Remove the tick from the "Automatically restart" option.
Now make the system crash and you should be able to read the error screen. Also check the Event Logs.

Associate
Does anyone have a Zalman CNPS7700-CU HSF installed onto this board? If so what is the fit like (easy or hard to get it installed?) and what is the cooling like?

Cheers

Soldato
barnsta said:
Hey there

ok so have had this board for a month or so, so far so good except for some weird crashes that i am getting sometimes when I am in outlook 2003.

I thought maybe i was overclocking too much so i put everything onto auto, have changed to every bios out there including ocw, now i am with the standard 1.4 bios. Everything has been ok then suddenly bang it happened again when i was replying to an email.

I get an error message on blue screen but that goes too quickly for me to read. Any suggestions guys?

I get crashes in outlook when Im running my memory at 1T setting, 2T is fine. Maybe its the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom