**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

ace result stu!

Was just wondering if any of you guys have experimented with undervolting their opterons on this mb. I'm asking mainly because I have one of these boards ready to go into a completely passively cooled home theatre pc set-up.

A little help please, just trying to sort out a build for a friend it's the Asrock dual sata 2 motherboard and 2 sata 1 disks, unless I'm reading it wrong I thought windows would install without any drivers.

When I've tried it cannot see any hard drives yet they are showing in the BIOS, I tried to make the sata raid floppy disk but when I put the cd in and boot from it then put a formatted floppy in press go and nothing at all happens, tried 2 floppy drives and 2 different cables the cable is in the right way round to work.

Then tried to make the disk on my PC botted from the CD but it just recycles.

I've explorerd the CD and cannot find the files to put on the floppy, I'm really lost somewhere I must be missing something.

I cannot find a download on the Asrock site to make the floppy either basicaly I don't know what to do next any idea's?

Thanks.

I have 2 sata drives on my Asrock Dual, but i only had one in when i built the machine and bios and windows etc picked it up without the need for any other drivers etc. You got the drive you want as BOOT drive to sata I plug 1 ? then in BIOS it should be there under BOOT options, just choose that as 1st boot option and put in your windows CD and restart and it should start to install your OS.

Then when all done, attach your other sata drive to sata I plug 2, ignoring the RED sata socket and if it's not in your BIOS under BOOT option the new drive, try in XP Pro, disk management, you should see it there and then format it and you should be all ok

Off to work now, but im sure others will be here to help you if this does not work for you. But i never needed any Raid drivers as not set my system up like that.

Ps: your in Ilkeston,. im round the corner in north Derbyshire,

kimandsally said:
A little help please, just trying to sort out a build for a friend it's the Asrock dual sata 2 motherboard and 2 sata 1 disks, unless I'm reading it wrong I thought windows would install without any drivers.

Have you tried setting the SATA drive to "IDE mode" in the BIOS then install the drivers and set it to SATA after installing Windows, that's what I did.

New Dual Sata - Won't boot from working IDE Drive

Hi, bought this last week with X2-3800 and 2G new ram.

Problem is although it sees my Maxtor IDE drive in Bios and is set to boot from it, it just reboots all the time before it even picks up windows. This is my main drive with windows XP installed and all my work that boots fine on my Asus board, using it now!

I have tried another older smaller IDE drive on the Dual Sata and there is no problem with that, so IDE and the board does work.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

andymacd said:
Hi, bought this last week with X2-3800 and 2G new ram.

Problem is although it sees my Maxtor IDE drive in Bios and is set to boot from it, it just reboots all the time before it even picks up windows. This is my main drive with windows XP installed and all my work that boots fine on my Asus board, using it now!

I have tried another older smaller IDE drive on the Dual Sata and there is no problem with that, so IDE and the board does work.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

If your trying to boot an existing xp installation on a new mobo, forget it. You will have to do a clean install ;)

Has anyone had issues running agp at 8x ?

I have a 6800gt and one game I tried had stuttering and tearing, when I changed to agp 4x it seemed to work fine.

Anyone else experienced this ?

Chaos said:

I have a 6800gt and one game I tried had stuttering and tearing, when I changed to agp 4x it seemed to work fine.

did you read the steps to take to install the latest ULI agp driver?

driver off the cd is a bad one apparently.

Chaos said:

Thats a known issue with the board mate. Luckily due to bandwidth, the 8x isnt used much anyway, you lose maybe 3% speed max, so just run at 4x, it'll be perfectly fine.
:)

Edit: Download the latest 2.13 Uli drivers from the Uli site, as has been mentioned, its reckoned the newer Uli drivers are a fair bit better than the supplied ones.

Last edited:
yeah i to have read about poor gfx performance with the agp bus, I wonder if a future drive or bios update will alleviate the problem.

Chaos, as you have a speedy gfx card have you thought about selling it and moving to pci-e? I say this because there are many people that will pay top ££££ for a fast agp card, may actually find the money you get from your agp 6800gt will get you a pci-e 7800gt. worked out like that with my old agp x800.

ns400r said:
No, not all systems and not all video cards, just some.

Correct. AGP performance with my Radeon 9500 Pro seems fine. But I have no time to play games now, so it is a moot point. Never any need for me to upgrade to a PCI-E card at all actually, although it is nice to have the option should circumstances change.

Back
Top Bottom