**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
Tuvoc said:
although it is nice to have the option should circumstances change.
like me, got a 6800GS AGP over xmas then a month later got this board and and opty144 and at the weekend my 6800GS started to play up real bad so sending that back for a refund and orderd a 7800GT to replace it :D

Soldato
ok just got a 7800GT so uninstalled drivers took out agp card and put in pci-e card and set default in bios to PCI-Express and when it gets to the windows boot screen i get no imput signal on my monitor anyways to put a long story short if i have agp card in and set as default both cards work fine but if pci-e on its own i get no display after boot screen

Associate
hi there,

quick question to all, any advice on 2GB ( 2*1GB matched pairs ) for this mobo, currently selling my 4 sticks of 512MB corsairs on fleabay because i cant run all 4 together .

addtionally my first attempt at buying memory for this mobo also wasnt a good experenice, wasnt compaitable , think it was geil memory.

thanks in advance

Associate
pgrillo said:
hi there,

quick question to all, any advice on 2GB ( 2*1GB matched pairs ) for this mobo, currently selling my 4 sticks of 512MB corsairs on fleabay because i cant run all 4 together .

addtionally my first attempt at buying memory for this mobo also wasnt a good experenice, wasnt compaitable , think it was geil memory.

thanks in advance

I have 2Gb standard Crucial running very nicely on my son's Asrock. It's only stable at 2T on any rig but does overclock to about 250mhz @ 3,3,3,6 2T. However I don't bother with O/C on his rig as it does everything and plays any game to the best abilities of his 800XTPE. :cool:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
The threads looking abit long wind'd for me and dont have time to read it all :(

I'm getting mine tomorow with a x2 3800+ retail

will be useing parts from old PC untill I can afforde rest of my upgrade

2x256mb 3200 ddr
R9500pro
Maxtor 80gb 8+ HD

cheapo case :rolleyes:

Any tips or advise someone can give me before I start to put this puppy together?

cheers
Zaf,

Soldato
recently upgraded to this mobo mate, heres what i did

clean install of xp

download and install least all in one drivers from ALI

check AGP drivers have installed in system devices

update windows

install latest nvidia drivers

then start overclocking

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
kidloco said:
recently upgraded to this mobo mate, heres what i did

clean install of xp

download and install least all in one drivers from ALI

check AGP drivers have installed in system devices

update windows

install latest nvidia drivers

then start overclocking

Sounds like a good guide :D

Permabanned
NightSt@lk3r said:
ok just got a 7800GT so uninstalled drivers took out agp card and put in pci-e card and set default in bios to PCI-Express and when it gets to the windows boot screen i get no imput signal on my monitor anyways to put a long story short if i have agp card in and set as default both cards work fine but if pci-e on its own i get no display after boot screen

lol, so i get given a 7300 to use temporaliililily and i got the same thing, display goes off lol.
im not gonna give in to a re-install tho

Soldato
chopchop said:
lol, so i get given a 7300 to use temporaliililily and i got the same thing, display goes off lol.
im not gonna give in to a re-install tho

A bit of a worry, maybe I'll be in no hurry to upgrade to PCI-E either.

Permabanned
Tuvoc said:
A bit of a worry, maybe I'll be in no hurry to upgrade to PCI-E either.

it is indeed a worry for agp users, im trying to figure out whats stopping it working. ive been looking on several forums and a few users have had this and the replies to them have been most unhelpful.
the whole point of this board was to be able to simply swap to a pcie card and not have to bother re-installing :rolleyes:

Permabanned
well im sure the problem is down to windows (like most things :rolleyes: )
after much faffing about, winxp corrupted the system file :rolleyes: , so i formatted and installed win2k :D

Back
Top Bottom