**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Soldato
chopchop said:
well im sure the problem is down to windows (like most things :rolleyes: )
after much faffing about, winxp corrupted the system file :rolleyes: , so i formatted and installed win2k :D
it seems to be with windows xp only as i had xp and vista dual boot and vista took the new PCI-E card fine but xp refused to work with it without a reinstall

Permabanned
NightSt@lk3r said:
it seems to be with windows xp only as i had xp and vista dual boot and vista took the new PCI-E card fine but xp refused to work with it without a reinstall

it does it for both winXP and win2k, its bound to be ok with vista since its a very new o/s ;)
if there was a way to edit the system32/config/system file, then it could maybe be fixed.

Associate
Well, I just upgraded from an ATI X800 XT AGP to a PCI-E Nvidia 7900GT on this board and didn't have any major issues.

Just removed ATI drivers, ran driver cleaner, removed AGP drivers, set bios to PCI-E for primary display, put in 7900GT, reboot, install Nvidia driver, all is well. :D

Associate
Digital Punk said:
Well, I just upgraded from an ATI X800 XT AGP to a PCI-E Nvidia 7900GT on this board and didn't have any major issues.

Just removed ATI drivers, ran driver cleaner, removed AGP drivers, set bios to PCI-E for primary display, put in 7900GT, reboot, install Nvidia driver, all is well. :D

Yup, I did the same from a nvidia 6600gt agp to 7800gt :D

I dont know why people are having a problem :confused:

Soldato
Pizzaboy2003 said:
slipstream you bios onto a cd and update it that way?
there is a guide somewhere regards this

you will need that beta2 bios for your 144 to get high speed
maybe like this http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=47432

good luck

Ah I've moved away from desktops as much as possible over the years, didn't realise you could CD boot update a BIOS, I'll do a search. Ta :)

Nice overclock by the way. ;)

Permabanned
Digital Punk said:

you lucky *******

i got no display after the post screen :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Permabanned
You know I am flashed at Bios 1.60 can I flash it to the OCW bios, then if im not happy with it flash back to the 1.60? Can that be done?>

Soldato
Anyone had any problems with the lan port on these boards?
My broadband runs through my lan port but its suffering from a connection error.. it can't renew my ip :(

Secondly.. how do you lock the agp/pci-e bus on these boards.. I tried overclocking last night and forgot to lock them.

Oops lol..

Should I flash the BIOS??
What benefits are there??

Soldato
I have a problem with my LAN

Used to use a USB Speedtouch modem, was VERY fase @1.1mb, (Wanadoo) everytime i clicked a page, link it opened straight away, if i went onto putfile videos played within seconds

NOW i have bought a Netgear DG834G wireless router, and connection sucks, I can play BF2, fine, pings as it was when using USB Speedtouch, But sufring the net, CHRIST, its like being on 56k dial up, ITS A Joke, I dont knwo what to do, Really driving me crazy, My router is connected direct to my PC throught he lan socket.

Perhaps someone on here can help otherwise ill be sticking my USB modem back in

Soldato
Chandler_90 said:
Anyone had any problems with the lan port on these boards?
My broadband runs through my lan port but its suffering from a connection error.. it can't renew my ip :(

Secondly.. how do you lock the agp/pci-e bus on these boards.. I tried overclocking last night and forgot to lock them.

Oops lol..

Should I flash the BIOS??
What benefits are there??

there should be a bios option near the CPU setting for A-synch, that should be the one your looking for if im not mistaken.

the latest bios is supposed to be the most stable. been using it for a week or so now it it seems pretty good to me.

Permabanned
Is it possible, please, if someone can make a step by step guide on upddating the bios via winflash (if possible), or a boot cd.

Thanks. ;) - Will use OCW Betabios 2

Associate
Ok, i upgraded my system, i now have this motherboard, 1gig crucial ram, and amd 64 3000 cpu. However, whenever i try to boot the system it only displays something similar to (im not at home at the moment so can't remember it word for word):

press F11 for boot options
dual code mode memory

now, i've tried clearing the bios, have cold booted the computer at least 50 times, have tried press f11 but it just hangs saying something similar to "trying to load popup menu", i can't access the bios as there is no option to press f2, it just stays here. Anyone have any ideas?

bios is 1.50 btw

The thing is though, until last week it was all working fine. I had an issue where i couldn't load up a web page, whenever i clicked on a link in the website it would crash internet explorer. Then one day the system just restarted itself while in windows. It then tried to re-boot but there was nothing, only a black screen, and it just hung here. I don't understand how it can boot and work fine one day, and come to a complete stand-still the next, especially as no hardware has changed???

Last edited:
Associate
daztrouk said:
Ok, i upgraded my system, i now have this motherboard, 1gig crucial ram, and amd 64 3000 cpu. However, whenever i try to boot the system it only displays something similar to (im not at home at the moment so can't remember it word for word):

press F11 for boot options
dual code mode memory

now, i've tried clearing the bios, have cold booted the computer at least 50 times, have tried press f11 but it just hangs saying something similar to "trying to load popup menu", i can't access the bios as there is no option to press f2, it just stays here. Anyone have any ideas?

bios is 1.50 btw

The thing is though, until last week it was all working fine. I had an issue where i couldn't load up a web page, whenever i clicked on a link in the website it would crash internet explorer. Then one day the system just restarted itself while in windows. It then tried to re-boot but there was nothing, only a black screen, and it just hung here. I don't understand how it can boot and work fine one day, and come to a complete stand-still the next, especially as no hardware has changed???

Just in case, check that the connectors are firmly in place between HDD and MOBO (SATA are especially prone to falling out). It sounds like your rig is not seeing a HDD to boot to?

Back
Top Bottom