**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Permabanned
Same problem with me, dont worry it occured 1 week ago.

Do you know how I solved it?
I gave it a quick hoover in the case, mobo had quite a bit of dust on it.

Then It booted first time.

Dos boot disc with asrflash and the bios renamed to ocwbios or whatever.
Boot from dos disk
at prompt type asrflash ocwbios
return
and voila.

If it fails to boot leave 1 memory stick in and reset cmos then restart.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
williamw11 said:
Dos boot disc with asrflash and the bios renamed to ocwbios or whatever.
Boot from dos disk
at prompt type asrflash ocwbios
return
and voila.

If it fails to boot leave 1 memory stick in and reset cmos then restart.

I dont have a floppy drive :rolleyes:

Associate
sjohal2006 said:
Same problem with me, dont worry it occured 1 week ago.

Do you know how I solved it?
I gave it a quick hoover in the case, mobo had quite a bit of dust on it.

Then It booted first time.

Another 'Hoover lover', yeah, go sucker :D

Is this the instruction you followed.

The steps to create are:

Download Clean Boot CD package v2.0 (596KB) and unpack it into any directory you like.

Add your own files, needed to upgrade your BIOS, to the cds\clean\bootdisk\ folder. You have about 2.5MB available space on the bootimage (the CD uses 2.88MB floppy emulation). Do not add your files to cds\clean\files\ folder!
Optionally you can edit the file cds\clean\bootdisk\autorun.bat and append a line to automatically run your flash program.

When you're done customizing, run "build-clean.cmd" to build your ISO image and burn it to your CD writer.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
williamw11 said:
Is this the instruction you followed.

The steps to create are:

Download Clean Boot CD package v2.0 (596KB) and unpack it into any directory you like.

Add your own files, needed to upgrade your BIOS, to the cds\clean\bootdisk\ folder. You have about 2.5MB available space on the bootimage (the CD uses 2.88MB floppy emulation). Do not add your files to cds\clean\files\ folder!
Optionally you can edit the file cds\clean\bootdisk\autorun.bat and append a line to automatically run your flash program.

When you're done customizing, run "build-clean.cmd" to build your ISO image and burn it to your CD writer.

I followed these

# If you haven't already installed BCD, please do so now.
BCD installation instructions:

Download BCD full package v1.1.1 (523KB).

Or update from previous version: BCD update package (v1.1.0-v1.1.1) (5KB).
When updating from previous versions, just extract the package over the previous version, overwrite any existing files. The bcd.cfg file will not get overwritten!

Unpack the BCD package to some folder for example d:\bcd. If you want to be able to run it from a server you should unpack it to a share from where your workstations can run it. You will need to map a drive letter to that share and run bcd using that drive letter.
Make sure you also unpack the subdirectories!

Download wnaspi32.dll and copy it into BCD's d:\bcd\bin directory.

I have asked Ahead Software AG if I could distribute their aspi manager with my BCD package but they said: "...due to our licence agreement you could only let your users download it freely from our web site...".

# If you haven't already installed BFD, please do so now.
BFD installation instructions:

Please download: BFD full package v1.0.7 (1.45MB).

Or update from previous versions: BFD update package (v1.0.x-v1.0.7) (410KB).
When updating from previous versions, just extract the package over the previous version, overwrite any existing files. The bfd.cfg file will not get overwritten!

Unpack BFD in the same directory as BCD, for example d:\bcd.
If you have already unpacked BCD, then some files from BFD will overlap with files from BCD, like the nu2lic.txt and the bchoice.exe. This is no problem, just skip or overwrite them.
Make sure you also unpack the subdirectories!

# Download cdromsi.zip (updated Nov 4, 2002) (1KB) and unpack it into the same folder as where you have installed BCD/BFD.

# Now you can customize things like:

* Adding programs and files to "cds\cdromsi\files\" folder. These will appear in the root of your CD-Rom filesystem.
* Change the file "cds\cdromsi\files\autorun.bat" you can add any commands you want, like starting some application that is located on the CD-Rom.

# When you're done customizing, you open a command prompt, change to the BCD folder and run "bcd cdromsi" to build your ISO image and burn it to your CD writer (if you have one).

Associate
stvmor said:
Just in case, check that the connectors are firmly in place between HDD and MOBO (SATA are especially prone to falling out). It sounds like your rig is not seeing a HDD to boot to?

at the moment everything is disconnected from the motherboard. Only things connecting to it are the psu and graphics card and keyboard. i can't get access to the bios or anything. I've built many systems, and bought many pieces of hardware, but this motherboard is by far the worst pc purchase i've ever made. For all those thinking whether to get it or not, stay away, i've had nothing but problems with 2 of them. the latest one took me about an hour of cold booting before i could even get into the bios, it worked for a week, produced windows errors, spazzed on a website, restarted itself and hasen't worked since. Never had issues like this is my life.

Last edited:

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
daztrouk said:
at the moment everything is disconnected from the motherboard. Only things connecting to it are the psu and graphics card and keyboard. i can't get access to the bios or anything. I've built many systems, and bought many pieces of hardware, but this motherboard is by far the ****est pc purchase i've ever made. For all those thinking whether to get it or not, stay away, i've had nothing but problems with 2 of them. the latest one took me about an hour of cold booting before i could even get into the bios, it worked for a week, produced windows errors, spazzed on a website, restarted itself and hasen't worked since. Never had issues like this is my life.

I'd edit your sweary mate before the dons make you sleelp with the fishes

Soldato
nothing wrong with this mobo i can assure you. Works like a charm. ;)

Are you using a USB keyboard ? as i believe it wont 1st boot from there, needs a normal PS2 keyboard until you have a OS installed, (Correct me if wrong)

Oh and no swearing mate on here, tis a family forum. :rolleyes: I'd change it like Zaf said, otherwise you could receive a 48 hour ban

PS: Zaf, where in Derbys are you ? im in sunny Chesterfield.

Last edited:
Soldato
daztrouk said:
at the moment everything is disconnected from the motherboard. Only things connecting to it are the psu and graphics card and keyboard. i can't get access to the bios or anything. I've built many systems, and bought many pieces of hardware, but this motherboard is by far the worst pc purchase i've ever made. For all those thinking whether to get it or not, stay away, i've had nothing but problems with 2 of them. the latest one took me about an hour of cold booting before i could even get into the bios, it worked for a week, produced windows errors, spazzed on a website, restarted itself and hasen't worked since. Never had issues like this is my life.

Fine board this.

What key you pressing to enter the bios ?

Back
Top Bottom