The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
Long story short, I updated my bios to 2.4 yesterday. RAM working great. Today, I got my Elgato HD60 Pro set up, and was doing some configuring with OBS. I did some test recordings and my mic sounded off while using headphones in the front port of my Enthoo Luxe case, as well as the PS4 audio. Its like it is clipping at some audio levels, and also raising and lowering. Hard to explain.

I removed the card and same thing. I triple checked the audio header on the motherboard. Same thing. I can plug the headphones into the speakers and it works fine. Plug bac

So I redownloaded the realtek audio driver from the asrock website. It uninstalled the driver, and did some testing. With the Realtek driver uninstalled, the headphone port on the case works perfect. I did notice that while watching Twitch, if I unplugged my headphones, it would rebuffer the video.

I then reinstalled the Realtek driver. Issues are back.

Any idea on what is going on?

Associate
bad experience on this 2.40 with my Hynix LPX 3000 C15 .
3200 was not stable in anyway at any setting I've tried (and trust me, I've tried EVERY setting I could)
3066 stable but not only I didn't get any noticeble improvements, with all the agesa 1.0.0.6 betas and this stable release I get a stuttering experience on Battlefield 1.

Seems like data flaw to the cpu is not as smooth as 2.30 agesa 1004 in any way.

Benchmarks and numbers seems not to show this actual drop in smoothness showing a little bit higher values, wich however do not correspond in any way to actual performance in games.

I invite you guys to test your rig not only in stress tests but also in you real world usage.
Higher numbers do not mean anything if the experience they give is disappointing.

Back to 2.30, same settings, everything smooth. What a disappoint.

Also, BankGroupSwap setting not applying at all with this "stable" release

Associate
Well we have the same RAM, just upgraded to 2.4 today and running at 3200Mhz @ 14/14/14/35/50 1T without problems so far (tried for the first time with this new bios, was always running at default 3200 XMP settings before). Using 1.1v SOC voltage and RAM@ 1.35V.

mine didnt cold boot the next day mate ,it would cold boot after 30 mins but not the next day

Associate
i find it a little ironic
that the asrock support forum is broke at the moment
last two days it can take 10-20 seconds just to refresh page, tonight its just unresponsive or redirects you to a white page saying forums broke
and this is what will greet someone with a broken asrock product.....a broken support page , not exactly a great business model

Associate
fair play you got luckier than me (mine done the same with older bios as well )

I've been playing with RAM overclocking last night, been running at 3333Mhz @ 14/14/14/35/50 1T since then without problems. Only had to raise RAM voltage to 1.375v, which by the way automatically raises the VTT_DDR voltage from 0.680v to 0.690v.

Last edited:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Started up this evening and all of a sudden my audio no longer works... The realtek drivers say that the speakers are plugged in, but windows says different... All drivers say everything is fine...

Windows says the Audio service isn't started, but looking at the services it is... Restarting it does nothing.

At a loss, might have to full format and hope that does it. :(

Was working fine the last few nights and had passed hours of Prime and memtest.

Associate
Started up this evening and all of a sudden my audio no longer works... The realtek drivers say that the speakers are plugged in, but windows says different... All drivers say everything is fine...

Windows says the Audio service isn't started, but looking at the services it is... Restarting it does nothing.

At a loss, might have to full format and hope that does it. :(

Was working fine the last few nights and had passed hours of Prime and memtest.
\
download the 6.0.1.8176 windows 10 update. That should fix your audio issues.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
\
download the 6.0.1.8176 windows 10 update. That should fix your audio issues.

Cheers, but i was already on the Creators update and audio had been working fine until last night. I'm pretty sure the OS had been corrupted as I got a couple of BSOD before the audio died.

I did a Windows refresh which fixed the audio, but broke pretty much everything else (won't bother with that again).

So I've put everything back to stock and reinstalled from fresh which seems to have fixed all the issues I was experiencing.

Very odd though, I'd been running the 2.00 BIOS @ 3.9GHz/2400MHz for weeks solid as a rock, no issues whatsoever. So I can only assume it was the new 2666MHz memory clock I was running on 2.40 BIOS that has silently corrupted windows. It'd passed 3hrs of 16 instances of memtest without issue, 3hrs of Prime95 no problem, and hours of gaming all problem free until suddenly BSOD and broken.

So back to 3.9/2400MHz for now.

Will give 2666 a try again on the weekend and i'll leave the DOS version of memtest chugging for a a few loops.

Soldato
Updated my X370 Fata1ity Gaming K4 to the latest 2.50 BIOS, with the new AGESA updates. Still can't get my RAM stable above 2400. I'm using G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200.

Anyone got any ideas?

Associate
@ hex

i seem to find random audio issues with my taichi

its usually windows has selected the incorrect output device option

ive had this issues a few times
front outputs
and rear outputs
cured by trial and error changing device in the realtek software inside windows

Associate
I've been playing with RAM overclocking last night, been running at 3333Mhz @ 14/14/14/35/50 1T since then without problems. Only had to raise RAM voltage to 1.375v, which by the way automatically raises the VTT_DDR voltage from 0.680v to 0.690v.

i gave up lol

got upto trying same timings at 3200 but at 2t, procodt 60 ohms 1.375 ram volts, 1.2 soc etc etc
still wont cold boot at cl14
any speed over 3200 and it boot loops with the beeps of death
im guessing maybe the ram isnt the best picked set of chips

Associate
Does anyone have the 2.34 beta bios for the X370 TAICHI that they can upload for me? Thanks

I didn't save them and I updated to 2.4 but 2.4 is rubbish! On 2.34 my ram booted at 3200 no problem, even allowed for slightly tighter timings. It's playing up with 2.4..... how the official release can get worse is crazy.

Associate
Does anyone have the 2.34 beta bios for the X370 TAICHI that they can upload for me? Thanks

I didn't save them and I updated to 2.4 but 2.4 is rubbish! On 2.34 my ram booted at 3200 no problem, even allowed for slightly tighter timings. It's playing up with 2.4..... how the official release can get worse is crazy.

http://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php?lid=dGlkPSZ0aGVtYV9pZD0mYWN0PTM2NTcx

Click on News at the Top, then the AM4 link in the list, and you can find the bios listed in the drop down box.

Associate
i gave up lol

got upto trying same timings at 3200 but at 2t, procodt 60 ohms 1.375 ram volts, 1.2 soc etc etc
still wont cold boot at cl14
any speed over 3200 and it boot loops with the beeps of death
im guessing maybe the ram isnt the best picked set of chips

Strange...have you tried to leave the procodt and soc settings on "Auto". I haven't changed them on my end.

Soldato
Just bought a Z270 Extreme 4. quick question on the driver installs.. Basically Win10 installed all the drivers upon a clean install, and i went in and installed the AppShop, which then went on to scan my system and install 'some' drivers. As part of my preparation i went to the AsRock site and downloaded everything appropriate for my mobo... Does the AppShop install cover everything or should i install one by one the drivers i downloaded from the website... Again everything is recognised in device manager. But i'm guessing the latest and greatest are what AsRock determine to be the case... Does AppStore cover all of them ?

Soldato
You should at least get the chipset drivers from amd.com, they were more recent than the ones listed on the ASRock website. I think it included the Ryzen power plans too.

Associate
Strange...have you tried to leave the procodt and soc settings on "Auto". I haven't changed them on my end.

yes yes
as im lazy i tried a more simple cl14 setting first
it was the day after when it wouldnt cold boot i then tried a few more tricks

its pride more than necessity the pc does all i need and far more even if it was running stock ,but i did want to test out some free gains from the ram if i could (these sticks have been known to clock to 4000 on intel boards)

Back
Top Bottom