The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
I've recently been having some trouble with my SSD not being picked up on my Taichi. Everything has been fine up until the past week or so. Every now and then (maybe once every 2 days,) my PC would boot into UEFI mode. Reconnecting my sata cables fixes this issue, but it still happens after a while. I've made sure the connectors are secure, even changed it for a new one.

I'm still on the default bios that it was sent with which I'm thinking could be the issue but I don't really want to flash it unless I really have to.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
Just bought a Z270 Extreme 4. quick question on the driver installs.. Basically Win10 installed all the drivers upon a clean install, and i went in and installed the AppShop, which then went on to scan my system and install 'some' drivers. As part of my preparation i went to the AsRock site and downloaded everything appropriate for my mobo... Does the AppShop install cover everything or should i install one by one the drivers i downloaded from the website... Again everything is recognised in device manager. But i'm guessing the latest and greatest are what AsRock determine to be the case... Does AppStore cover all of them ?

ASRockMB seeing that this is your thread. Still looking for an answer on this. Do i just stick with the Windows drivers and what the AppShop provided, or am i better installing each and every individual driver pulled from the site ?

Thanks

Associate
Contacted OCUK support today, I think my just died for no reason. PC wouldn't turn on (when pressing the power button it starts for a split second then immediately shutdown).

Spent my afternoon troubleshooting and apart from the motherboard everything seems to be in order :(

Soldato
Contacted OCUK support today, I think my just died for no reason. PC wouldn't turn on (when pressing the power button it starts for a split second then immediately shutdown).

Spent my afternoon troubleshooting and apart from the motherboard everything seems to be in order :(

Do you have a spare Power supply ? could be one or the other. bad psu or bad mobo.

Soldato
Associate
If the Asrock rep is still here, can he find out (if anybody knows) how long bios updates etc. will be continued for the apparently already EOL'ed X370 Gaming K4 ? Really annoyed i just bought this thing on Friday and would like some reassurance that it isn't just being dropped support wise. (wish I'd found this about info about EOL before ordering, I would not have bought it).

Associate
If the Asrock rep is still here, can he find out (if anybody knows) how long bios updates etc. will be continued for the apparently already EOL'ed X370 Gaming K4 ? Really annoyed i just bought this thing on Friday and would like some reassurance that it isn't just being dropped support wise. (wish I'd found this about info about EOL before ordering, I would not have bought it).
send it back ?

OcUK Staff
There is always a trade off.

The thing with Ryzen is mem frequency is linked to cache frequency one to one so even looser timings with higher speed can be beneficial. It's best to test your own sticks in your application and find a balance for you.

Back
Top Bottom