The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

I just went with the TFT central profile and to be honest didn't notice a huge difference. As many have mentioned including baddass you don't need to calibrate this monitor as its very very good out of the box. If you're planning to do color critical professional work with this monitor then I would question the purchase decision.

I just went with the TFT central profile and to be honest didn't notice a huge difference. As many have mentioned including baddass you don't need to calibrate this monitor as its very very good out of the box. If you're planning to do color critical professional work with this monitor then I would question the purchase decision.

Are you having any issues with blurry text like the guy above?

I don't think that's what he's saying since the TFTCentral report details the equipment and software used.

Exactly correct mate.

But as there seems to be so many clowns around that dont know what they are talking about, Jeps for an e.x who keep saying he have calibrated those values perfect, but from what ? Maybe a dream come to him as when I asked severel times WHAT COLORIMETER he used, the dude magically disappear and doesent answer. What a trusthworthy dude heh :/

As PCM2 and Baddass told me, you SHOULDENT mix around to much as that can give you a much worse correct picture values ( gamma/colours) and so.

As this monitor straight out of the box is pretty much perfect on User Mode
you should just play around with the Brightness and not tuch anything else.

Of course if you have an Colorimeter then you really can adjust those RGB values perfectly just for your monitor, but without a colorimeter, stay away from those things and just play around with Brighness as thats the best thing you can do :)

Last edited:
@jh30uk!

Awesome mate, thanks for those links, will read and look at that Linus review right away!

Kinda crazy that even after I got and know how good this beauty is, I still cant get enough of reading about it, kind om obsessive behaviour, but maan this is the best thing ever, well away and read/listen then :D

Owned the monitor for a couple weeks now, set up beside my Eizo Foris.

The monitor is absolutely brilliant, managed to get the colours to my liking and compared to my Eizo, the colours are only very so slightly faded out.... the panel on the Asus for a TN panel, is excellent.

G-sync is also awesome, everything is very smooth which is wonderful.

The problem with linus is that every new monitor he has reviewed has been "the best", first 4k, then Lg ultrawide, now the Rog... They are all so disimilar that you would think that he would stick with one of them for 5 minutes and actually try to give a fair comparison, but instead it just looks like he is giving positive reviews to everything to make sure he gets more free stuff

Linus is a sellout, used to be good but I don't feel he's completely honest these days.

Not saying his opinion on the SWIFT is wrong as it's obviously a brilliant monitor but I've seen him give good reviews for products that the majority find poor.

All of these subjective reviews seem to lack any type of science / tangible evidence to backup their opinions. I've yet to see anything close to the TFT Central review in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom