The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
I got my ROG Swift this afternoon (earlier than I expected) and all I can say is it's amazing. I didn't realise how much tearing and juddering I was experiencing until I used it. The colours compared to my Dell IPS panel are slightly subdued, but not significantly so. Apart from reducing the brightness I haven't had to alter anything out of the box.

Soldato
I got my ROG Swift this afternoon (earlier than I expected) and all I can say is it's amazing. I didn't realise how much tearing and juddering I was experiencing until I used it. The colours compared to my Dell IPS panel are slightly subdued, but not significantly so. Apart from reducing the brightness I haven't had to alter anything out of the box.

Welcome to the club. Glad you're enjoying your monitor.

OcUK Staff

Was it from ourselves? I got a handful in yesterday and shipped a few pre-orders out. :)

We expect a large delivery end of this month which will clear all pre-orders and give us plenty of FREE stock. :)

Associate
The problem with linus is that every new monitor he has reviewed has been "the best", first 4k, then Lg ultrawide, now the Rog... They are all so disimilar that you would think that he would stick with one of them for 5 minutes and actually try to give a fair comparison, but instead it just looks like he is giving positive reviews to everything to make sure he gets more free stuff

Yeah what a clown this Linus dude is, couldent stand his high pitch girlie AHD voice, LOL.
So I know this was the first and ONLY time I had to listening to him, good ridance as I cant stand the dude, what a looser!

Soldato
Was it from ourselves? I got a handful in yesterday and shipped a few pre-orders out. :)

We expect a large delivery end of this month which will clear all pre-orders and give us plenty of FREE stock. :)

Does that mean you are not expecting any more until the end of the month? IE - The 15th pre-order ETA is now end of August/Early Sept?

Soldato
Gibbo, do you think this could be potentially one of the last 3D monitors? It maybe just me but looking recent big movies, new TV's and screens 3D doesn't seem to be featuring as predominately as it was 3 years ago. Is the demand for 3D still there or is 4K the market sales driver?

£700 seems an awful lot for an 1440p TN display given that you have the ultra high end Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" which OCUK have on sale for £440 which is 1440p IPS. I don't mind paying big money for these things but if I were to fork the money that's being asked in the back of my mind I can't help but feel I'm still being asked to compromise on features in this case viewing angles, contrast, colors etc (the normal short comings associated with TN technology). Am I right in thinking this is the only monitor on the market that's 1440p and 120/144hz and that's what I'm paying a premium for (given 4K screens with gsync are the same price or cheaper)?

Last edited:
Associate
£700 seems an awful lot for an 1440p TN display given that you have the ultra high end Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" which OCUK have on sale for £440 which is 1440p IPS. I don't mind paying big money for these things but if I were to fork the money that's being asked in the back of my mind I can't help but feel I'm still being asked to compromise on features in this case viewing angles, contrast, colors etc (the normal short comings associated with TN technology). Am I right in thinking this is the only monitor on the market that's 1440p and 120/144hz and that's what I'm paying a premium for (given 4K screens with gsync are the same price or cheaper)?

I think like most people you would be really surprised at how good the TN panel is :) I've got it next to my Eizo Foris which has a VA panel and they are very similar in quality.

Your right, this is the only monitor which is 1440p & 120hz (Asia has alternatives...) which is where the premium comes in I guess but the monitor build quality is fantastic and if your a gamer you will forget the price as soon as you play your first game on it :)

Associate
The problem with linus is that every new monitor he has reviewed has been "the best", first 4k, then Lg ultrawide, now the Rog... They are all so disimilar that you would think that he would stick with one of them for 5 minutes and actually try to give a fair comparison, but instead it just looks like he is giving positive reviews to everything to make sure he gets more free stuff

He uses all the monitors for a week+ before reviewing them, not your figurative 5 minutes. He doesn't say this is the best monitor he says its the best gaming monitor. He much prefers colour reproduction to refresh rate. He said this monitor COULD be his daily driver but isn't suitable for production work which is why he's probably sticking to the LG (I have the 29" Ultrawide).

Anyway is the delay anything to do with hurricane Bertha?

Soldato
I think the 15th shipment came and went early (similar to release) and the third shipment is now end of month. Hopefully it comes early for you guys :) Getting allot more hackusations while using this monitor!

Associate
Gibbo, do you think this could be potentially one of the last 3D monitors? It maybe just me but looking recent big movies, new TV's and screens 3D doesn't seem to be featuring as predominately as it was 3 years ago. Is the demand for 3D still there or is 4K the market sales driver?

I can only say.. I don't regret it. I love this darn monitor it's epic-good.

All monitors are some sort of compromise - it just depends on what elements are more important to you and your use case. For me there's nothing I'd touch for gaming other than this now. I don't miss my IPS at all - nor do I look at my two IPS' either side of the ROG and think 'wow they're so much better'.

Soldato
He uses all the monitors for a week+ before reviewing them, not your figurative 5 minutes. He doesn't say this is the best monitor he says its the best gaming monitor. He much prefers colour reproduction to refresh rate. He said this monitor COULD be his daily driver but isn't suitable for production work which is why he's probably sticking to the LG (I have the 29" Ultrawide).

Anyway is the delay anything to do with hurricane Bertha?

I want a gaming monitor, he said the 4k was the best gaming monitor, then the LG, now the ROG... if he actually prefered the LG for gaming then why didnt he say that instead of declaring the ROG the best gaming monitor

You cant describe every product you review as "best" without coming across as vapid

Last edited:
Soldato
I want a gaming monitor, he said the 4k was the best gaming monitor, then the LG, now the ROG... if he actually prefered the LG for gaming then why didnt he say that instead of declaring the ROG the best gaming monitor

You cant describe every product you review as "best" without coming across as vapid

He is a salesman, not a monitor expert. Is all I will say. :)

Associate
The dude just copied Jeps values from earlier in this thread.

And that dude Jeps was posting even an picture and boosting about how perfect he got those values calibrated, but when I asked him several times what COLORIMETER he used, the dude havent responded.

I guess it safe to say he was just talking out of his a**
He just copied something from another forum maybe and says bla bla, I got those values perfectly calibrated.. How many clowns are their really ..LOL!

But as there seems to be so many clowns around that dont know what they are talking about, Jeps for an e.x who keep saying he have calibrated those values perfect, but from what ? Maybe a dream come to him as when I asked severel times WHAT COLORIMETER he used, the dude magically disappear and doesent answer. What a trusthworthy dude heh :/

Well i've just caught back up on this thread as i've been on holiday for the past 10 days. Insync, are you high?

I replied to you on the 1st of august about what colorimeter I used and you even replied to me and said thanks?!?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=26695329#post26695329

Seriously I've been nothing but helpful in this thread. There's only one clown posting and that seems to be you :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom