The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

OcUK Staff
If it helps, before this monitor i was averaging 10 hours of gaming a month, this weekend i put 27 hours into games ;)
Monitor is very nice, ULMB is a godsend. Gsync is actually pretty decent, and BF4 is great :)

I'm nearly as good as Whyscotty on that game now! :D

Read this thread, plenty of feedback here. :)
We've shipped 150+ so far, lets say if the UK total market has shipped 250 units in total that is like a 0.0000000001% of UK gaming population.......

That's how short these monitors are and the shortages probably will remain until 2015.

Associate
Just ordered one from your store. You guys stopping late to shift orders placed this evening or is delivery likely to be Thursday? If so I need to make amendments to the delivery information.

zia

zia

Associate
Seriously tempted to get one but already have samsung pls 1440 which was a lot cheaper than this moniter hard to justify the extra expense.only short coming of my current moniter is the input lag on FPS games.

Zia

Associate
Gibbo, Now for a monitor of this price, I expect zero defect, as in no dead / stuck pixels etc.
If a monitor that has this - it iss dead to me and I won't use it and would expect an exchange.

What is OCUKs stance on this as an RMA and is the warranty handled for the first year by you or Asus?

Associate
My monitor has arrived today, amazing piece of kit.
Unfortunately, my panel does appear to have a 'stuck' pixel. I think it's stuck and not dead, as it appears red/purple against a white background, black against green background etc...

I've left the monitor on with jscreenfix running for a few hours now, but to no avail. :(

I would also be interested in what OCUKs policy is on stuck pixels.

Associate
Manufactures usually have their own rules and count of how many in what cluster. This day in age especially for top end stuff it should be zero defect. My asus nexus 2013 developed one in a week and I got an exchange and the new one got one in a month, I gave up as it was only 179 quid and couldn't be bothered.

Associate
My monitor has arrived today, amazing piece of kit.
Unfortunately, my panel does appear to have a 'stuck' pixel. I think it's stuck and not dead, as it appears red/purple against a white background, black against green background etc...

I've left the monitor on with jscreenfix running for a few hours now, but to no avail. :(

I would also be interested in what OCUKs policy is on stuck pixels.

Also received mine today. Lovely monitor but also have a bloody dead pixel. Only really visible as red on a black background.

Associate
Hmmm, when running the swift at 144hz + having a secondary monitor, the GPU ramps up in power usage, core and memory clock. Set at 144hz on the swift, and 60hz on second monitor(1080p), just on desktop/web, my GPU is at 57% power usage, idling ~50°C with fan on auto at ~50%, core clock at ~800MHz and memory clock at ~3500MHz.

The moment I change to 60 or 120hz on the swift the GPU goes to a typical idle state, ~10% power, ~300MHz core and memory clock. For the moment I will just keep the monitor on 120hz and change it to 144hz for gaming ,no way I'm letting it sit at those numbers above while ideal on desktop.

I searched around a bit and its not just me. I Wonder if this could be resolved in a driver fix from Nvidia?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1497172/...emperatures-and-power-draw-on-your-nvidia-gpu

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/679580/?comment=4103357

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm, when running the swift at 144hz + having a secondary monitor, the GPU ramps up in power usage, core and memory clock. Set at 144hz on the swift, and 60hz on second monitor(1080p), just on desktop/web, my GPU is at 57% power usage, idling ~50°C with fan on auto at ~50%, core clock at ~800MHz and memory clock at ~3500MHz.

The moment I change to 60 or 120hz on the swift the GPU goes to a typical idle state, ~10% power, ~300MHz core and memory clock. For the moment I will just keep the monitor on 120hz and change it to 144hz for gaming ,no way I'm letting it sit at those numbers above while ideal on desktop.

I searched around a bit and its not just me. I Wonder if this could be resolved in a driver fix from Nvidia?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1497172/...emperatures-and-power-draw-on-your-nvidia-gpu

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/679580/?comment=4103357

You get higher Idle clocks if you use different connectivity also.

If I run one monitor on DVI at 60Hz and one on HDMI at 60Hz I get ~600Mhz idle. If I run them both on DVI then I get ~300Mhz idle. Thats 2 x 60Hz monitors, never mind 144Hz

I run dual monitors, when mine arrives I will do some testing and see what behaviour I get.

I'll try run both monitors on DP. 144Hz and 60Hz and see if I get downclocks as expected.

Back
Top Bottom