The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

OcUK Staff
Must be a lack of comms at the moment. I contacted OCUK earlier with regards to the 3 day dead pixel policy, explained that I had ran the software fix for 12 hours straight and it wasn't shifting. As a teacher I return to work on Monday so was hoping could get this sorted asap but the reply I received was

"Dear Chris Whitney,

thank you for your webnote.

Unfortunately this monitor is not provided with a zero dead pixel warranty. So you would be unable to return the monitor for a replacement.

You are still within the 14 day DSR period were you are legally entitled to return any product as unwanted for a full refund.

Would you like to proceed under DSR?"

So I rang and have now had to drop a note on the customer support sections of the forums. Seems I may have to DSR this one and buy another one on my CC and do the whole refund thing

Yes our technical department was only informed of the update a little while ago. So our apologies, they are now updated.

OcUK Staff
AAA ok, i misunderstood the logic a bit. So if after how long it develops any pixel issues (and it had remained for longer than 3 days) can it be replaced then?

Yes, but limited to 28 days, I shall update our disclaimer online. Dead pixels normally manifest instantly or within days/hours.

Associate
I had V-Sync disabled in both games, will try it with it enabled but I'm not sure if that will solve anything.

also, try a clean installation of the latest GPU drivers and download the monitor driver from asus.

i had some issues like non working turbo button etc. until i did a clean driver installation.

bee

bee

Associate
Jumped on the Swift bandwagon and received it yesterday but got a weird problem. It's happened with two applications so far, first was the G-Sync Pendulum demo and then The Crew beta. I launch the application and the monitor LED turns orange and my PC reboots. Never happened in the past with my old monitors. Anyone experienced anything similar. Interestingly I tried to run the Crew with G-Sync disabled and got an error message to say the application had stopped working.

do you have an oculus rift?

Back
Top Bottom