The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Associate
I've always gamed at 60Hz and want to try 144Hz with and without GSYNC just to see the difference it makes (I know GSYNC is less noticeable at high FPS) but I cant disable GSYNC in my NVIDIA control panel, if i click "Set up G-SYNC" in the select a task bar and disable it from there, when i click to different task and back its re-enabled. If i select VSYNC off in "Manage 3D settings" tab for either/both the global/program specific settings it re-enables itself too. Any ideas? I cant seem to find anything on google.

Associate
I'm wondering if anyone can test the 3d mode out and confirm what I am finding with the vertical black lines (strips)?

Thinking mine is an isolated case...

Only I've noticed that a couple of frames every now and again are doing the same effect in g-sync mode, more so when moving the mouse rapidly up and down; it doesn't seem to mind horizontal rotations. When I turn g-sync off it does not do it anymore.

I've used another gold plated display-port lead, and another graphics card, disabled SLI and it still does the same thing.

It's very odd. Sometimes it looks crystal clear and then for a couple of mille seconds has black separation lines.

Associate
uninstall the oculus runtime/driver, it should now work, rather large nvidia bug there, for now it seems you've gotta install and uninstall this everytime you use the rift with a gsync monitor :eek:

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll try when I get in from work. Rather strange as G-Sync was working really well with some other games. The benchmark mode of Sleeping Dogs in particular really showed it's potential.

bee

bee

Associate
Thanks very much for the reply. I'll try when I get in from work. Rather strange as G-Sync was working really well with some other games. The benchmark mode of Sleeping Dogs in particular really showed it's potential.

yeah a lot of people are reporting this bug now, it only affects certain games whilst others run perfectly, total pain to uninstall but hopefully fixed soon

Associate
yeah a lot of people are reporting this bug now, it only affects certain games whilst others run perfectly, total pain to uninstall but hopefully fixed soon

One more bit of jumping through hoops to get the rift working isn't going to make that much difference :)

I haz 4090!
Don
Boo - I've got a stuck pixel. Going to leave jscreenfix going for a few hours then leave it for three days before contacting support. Brilliant monitor apart from that though, I didn't realise how much of a difference 144hz made until I saw it for myself. :)

Associate
The last Asus 24" i had had one after about 4 hours (2 or 3 years ago), i sent it back under DSR and never got another one. Both my Asus Nexus 2013 had one (developed in a few days). All red stuck pixels. In my exerience if it's Asus, there is a very good chance...

It will come down to panel soak test no doubt, maybe they don't soak and inspect them long enough?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Seem to be seeing a few quality issues in these batches, are you talking to Asus about this?

We've sold 250 and had less than 5 confirmed reports of issues to our department, Asus are made aware of every RMA but it is will within tolerances for there to be of no concern.

OcUK Staff
The last Asus 24" i had had one after about 4 hours (2 or 3 years ago), i sent it back under DSR and never got another one. Both my Asus Nexus 2013 had one (developed in a few days). All red stuck pixels. In my exerience if it's Asus, there is a very good chance...

It will come down to panel soak test no doubt, maybe they don't soak and inspect them long enough?

Internet rumours as usual, the actual RMA rate which is for any reason, failure, pixels, un-wanted is below 2% on Asus monitors in general, no worse than any other brand. In July as a total we sold just over 900 Asus monitors and are on target to do over 10,000 units this year for Asus.

Back
Top Bottom