The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Man of Honour
Is that switched on ? Looks like a standby light thats on at the bottom right.

Yup switched on paintbrush filled black fullscreen - as mentioned LED is red for G-SYNC it goes orange in standby. If you push the levels right up you can see some slight bleed around the left/right edges and a bar along the bottom.

Caporegime
My thoughts exactly.

My friend has one of these monitors, he regrets it immensely due to the horrible backlight bleed, really distracts in dark movies etc.

He's considering selling it and moving to AMD, now that he saw my BenQ XL2730Z with absolutely no backlight bleed :p
You will get backlight bleed on any monitor, and seeing as both use similair panels from au optronics, (who benq own). In all likelihood there will be people who own the freesync model who have backlight bleed issues. It's simply luck of the draw.

Associate
Just stumbled across this thread after making my own thread.... Doh!

Anyway, I'm another user who bought the PG278Q new in August 2014 and now it's having this flicker/blurry text issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuV26S1vH0

I contacted ASUS to sort out the RMA process, but does anyone know how long it will take to replace it? Seeing as the Christmas holiday is coming, I'm not exactly confident it will be sorted this year...

Also, I no longer own the original box for this. How does the replacement/courier system work? Do they collect the old one from me without the need for a box, then give me the replacement at the same time? Or do I need to box up the old one first before handing it to the courier?

Any help would be appreciated.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
My monitor has developed a fault. The Ausus won't power on with the pc. Did a factory reset which did nothing and I have to unplug the monitor from the pc and the power supply, connect it all back up to get it to work. This happens each time I either power off the pc or do a reset.

I have completed the rma form.

Would this be potentially a power supply problem? I'm not to keen on replacing an otherwise great monitor if all I need is a new power supply.

Last edited:
Soldato
My monitor has developed a fault. The Ausus won't power on with the pc. Did a factory reset which did nothing and I have to unplug the monitor from the pc and the power supply, connect it all back up to get it to work. This happens each time I either power off the pc or do a reset.

I have completed the rma form.

Would this be potentially a power supply problem? I'm not to keen on replacing an otherwise great monitor if all I need is a new power supply.
I bought this PSU off ebay a few weeks ago and now my monitor is working great again..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291581348846?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And it still working great...:):):)

EDIT:That seller sold out now but maybe you could message him and ask if he has anymore he could list..

Last edited:

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I thought I would give Asus a call and ask instead of replacing the monitor could they not just send out a new power supply. Basically they said that they can not exchange the supply as its not covered. To which I said it is covered I have a 3 year on site warranty. He replied we do not send out power supplies:rolleyes:

If I do have dodgy power supply can I assume that it will still cause problems with a replacement?

Soldato
I thought I would give Asus a call and ask instead of replacing the monitor could they not just send out a new power supply. Basically they said that they can not exchange the supply as its not covered. To which I said it is covered I have a 3 year on site warranty. He replied we do not send out power supplies:rolleyes:

If I do have dodgy power supply can I assume that it will still cause problems with a replacement?

Lies! :D they sent me a power supply and they sent some poor sod in this thread a replacement power supply with a kettle lead (despite it being a clover leaf connector)

Soldato
If not you can get genuine power supplies for £35. If you can't manage to find the aftermarket one off eBay. Or see if Asus will send you another

Just bought another swift aswell :). Somehow took a lump out of the screen of my current one so thought I'd treat myself to a nice shiny new one (it was replacement from Asus anyway). So I'll keep my old one for spare.

Your also better off sending an RMA request on the Asus website. Tends to be a better service and people who actually know what they are talking about. I'm sure they will send you a new PSU out.

Last edited:

X3T

X3T

Associate
Fed up of Asus now. Was back in September I had the failed PSU issue. They sent a damaged PSU back to me about a 5-6 weeks later. After many arguments via email with them refusing to replace it I eventually spoke to somebody more senior and ordered another replacement. Still not arrived! Last time I emailed them they said there were none in stock and had no idea if/when there would be any more. Great.

My monitor is almost completely dead now. I have to unplug it from the wall (just from the monitor itself no longer works) several times to get it to power on. I have another monitor (Benq XL2730Z) sat in a box too, as it is also faulty but the RMA was rejected :mad:

Piece of junk modern technology. I will certainly be avoiding Asus (and Benq) in the future.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I have the failing psu and after a being told Asus don't send out replacement PSU's I agreed with a replacement Panel. The new Panel has been replaced and I can report that it has made not one blind bit of difference.

I have spoken to ASUS again and they are going to send another monitor. I stated the logical thing to do would be to also replace the PSU but again they are not allowed to send out PSU:mad:

I will give them one more chance to sort this problem before contacting overclockers again as my contract is with them and not ASUS.

Caporegime
Tbh id just suffer the hit and buy an aftermarket psu. You could end up getting a worse monitor than the one you have by getting a replacement. Shame that the customer has to resort to this though.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Tbh id just suffer the hit and buy an aftermarket psu. You could end up getting a worse monitor than the one you have by getting a replacement. Shame that the customer has to resort to this though.

I think you may be right, this replacment panel has a dead pixel in the middle of the screen

Soldato
I have the failing psu and after a being told Asus don't send out replacement PSU's I agreed with a replacement Panel. The new Panel has been replaced and I can report that it has made not one blind bit of difference.

I have spoken to ASUS again and they are going to send another monitor. I stated the logical thing to do would be to also replace the PSU but again they are not allowed to send out PSU:mad:

I will give them one more chance to sort this problem before contacting overclockers again as my contract is with them and not ASUS.

Its nonsense, I was told that the first time as well but called them back and the next person arranged me an RMA to get a new psu without any problem, they didnt even take the old one back just sent out a new one

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I received and RMA email saying they will send me out a new PSU but since I submitted the RMA I have found damaged to the screen and two dead pixelsls:(

Back
Top Bottom