The Asus X99 Deluxe Owners Thread

Soldato
I'm having issues with the ASMedia USB 3.0 Host Controller on my X99-S. The driver won't install says "asmedia host controller not found". Already enabled xhci in the BIOS to no avail. RMA?

Soldato
Well it seems to be okay now even though the driver still won't install. I see this in device manager. Previously before the OS reinstallation I was getting corruption reading via USB 3.0 drives.

3m6miN5.png

It looks like the "generic superspeed hub" are the ASMedia USB 3.0 ports at the back but the driver installer won't detect it. Strange...

Associate
Just bought this board, installed 8 x 4gb modules but system is only showing 16gb installed instead of 32gb. Took out all memory and testing each one by one, none of them faulty. So started with 2 in (8gb, fine) then when I went up to 16gb I realised slots A1 & B1 aren't detecting any memory. So I installed all 8 modules again and none of the DIMM slots A1/A2/B1/B2 are detecting any memory at all. Knackered board or incompatible memory? I have 8 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX.

Soldato
Just bought this board, installed 8 x 4gb modules but system is only showing 16gb installed instead of 32gb. Took out all memory and testing each one by one, none of them faulty. So started with 2 in (8gb, fine) then when I went up to 16gb I realised slots A1 & B1 aren't detecting any memory. So I installed all 8 modules again and none of the DIMM slots A1/A2/B1/B2 are detecting any memory at all. Knackered board or incompatible memory? I have 8 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX.

Try memok button on board and maybe upgrade bios

Associate
I've had an issue for the past couple of days with my motherboard and a recurring error code.
I've OCed my CPU and it seems stable in everything I use it for and was stable after a few hours on realbench.
however, for the second day in a row, I get the 6B error code (System Agent DXE initialization (System Agent module specific))
any idea as to what the issue might be?

Soldato
Sometime if the CPU cooler is in to tight it can causes problems like that.

Soldato
I'll give it a try cheers, got a H100i strapped to it.

I had a problem a few weeks back with a 00 code and it turned out it was probably an over tight cpu cooler so I removed the cooler cpu and memory etc put it all back together and all was OK seems if over tightening can cause cpu not to connect to all tg the pins causing errors I hope you get it sorted :)

Associate
I had a problem a few weeks back with a 00 code and it turned out it was probably an over tight cpu cooler so I removed the cooler cpu and memory etc put it all back together and all was OK seems if over tightening can cause cpu not to connect to all tg the pins causing errors I hope you get it sorted :)
I've stripped it down and just rebuilt it. Made sure the thumb screws on the cooler weren't too tight, nothing has changed.
Worst thing is CPU-Z reports all 8 slots are filled and has correct SPD info, but yet the BIOS cant see them and Windows reports as 16GB. Grrr!
Sent Asus an email yesterday to ask about memory compatibility so I'll have to wait and see what they say.

Soldato
I've stripped it down and just rebuilt it. Made sure the thumb screws on the cooler weren't too tight, nothing has changed.
Worst thing is CPU-Z reports all 8 slots are filled and has correct SPD info, but yet the BIOS cant see them and Windows reports as 16GB. Grrr!
Sent Asus an email yesterday to ask about memory compatibility so I'll have to wait and see what they say.

That's strange can you see all the dims via the Asus Ai suite under system information

Soldato

I had a memory issue with my SOC Force X99.

Only 8GB of an installed 16GB would ever work, it wouldn't even boot with 16GB installed.

On closer (very close) inspection this was down to a bent pin in the socket, a little tweak with a cocktail stick and then it would boot with 16GB.

Associate
Well this is the email I got from Asus:

"Concerning your message about the X99-DELUXE I recommend following the steps below:

1. Please unplug the PSU and unmount the memory modules. Remove the CMOS battery and place it back in after 10 seconds. Also press the power button down for 10 seconds after this to discharge the capacitors on the motherboard. Then place the Memory modules again and plug in the PSU.

Do not turn on the unit. Instead press the MEMOK! button and the BIOS should load. Press F10 to save the changes and restart. Test if the issue happens again.

2. Check in the BIOS if the full amount of DDR is visible and also check if you have any XMP profiles enabled.

Also it might be a compatibility issue due to the fact that this DDR memory type is not mentioned in the compatibillity list of this motherboard."

Problem is, my machine will not boot up from switch off by pressing the MEMOK button. Anyone else able to confirm this too?

Soldato
I guess I must be extremely lucky, I just recently built myself a new system based around the x99 deluxe and a 5930k (got the usb3.1 edition of the board) and everything so far seems pretty rock solid..

Clocked the chip up to [email protected], can probably push it a bit more, but I want to give it a while to properly settle before I think about that.

Back
Top Bottom