The Asus X99 Deluxe Owners Thread

Associate
My X99 Deluxe issues persist!

The latest one is the tale of the randomly disappearing memory stick. BIOS will only show 3 of 4 sticks on the front page, yet the SPD utility can see 4 sticks installed. I've had to bump System Agent/VCCSA voltage to 1.15 to get it (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-058-TG&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=2557) reliably working at stock. :confused:

I guess the 32GB of Avexir RAM I RMA'd earlier this week will not be found faulty...

I too have had this problem, contacted ASUS directly this is their response

"Concerning your message about the X99-DELUXE, I would first recommend you
follow the following steps in order.
>
> Please unplug the PSU and unmount the memory modules. Remove the CMOS
battery and place it back in after 10 seconds. Also press the power button down for 10
seconds after this to discharge the capacitors on the motherboard. Then place the
Memory modules again and plug in the PSU.
>
> Do not turn on the unit. Instead press the MEMOK! button and the BIOS should load.
Press F10 to save the changes and restart. Test if the issue happens again."
>

This did not solve anything for me but may help others, so I contacted them again and they sent me this as a solution

"We advise that you send your component back for an RMA repair via your place of purchase"

So I have, now I am waiting for the new MB - hopefully this not happen again.

Associate
A 850 is what you're wanting.

At stock clocks even with the 2nd gpu, 140 (cpu), 145 (gpu) (145 2nd gpu)

Given you'll want overhead and the other components, you'll be fine to OC and still easily have headroom

Thanks for advise got the EVGA 850G2 - and happy with it

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
So I bought a deluxe on the 14th of Oct last year and since then i've ran into 2 issues.
Currently on 1203 bios and since 904, 1004, 1103 and 1203 the DIMM_C1/C2 have never been detecting any ram, irrigardless of cpu sitting, tried many times to see if that was the issue and it wasn't.

Lately the USB ports have randomly lost power, the vrms look fine and stable but I don't know whats causing it. The PSU is fine and has more than 400w headroom at 100% load.

Think thats grounds for an RMA? I had put it off since OCUK was awesome about the other RMA's (4g gaming msi 980, ddr4 faulty ram).

Associate
So I bought a deluxe on the 14th of Oct last year and since then i've ran into 2 issues.
Currently on 1203 bios and since 904, 1004, 1103 and 1203 the DIMM_C1/C2 have never been detecting any ram, irrigardless of cpu sitting, tried many times to see if that was the issue and it wasn't.

Lately the USB ports have randomly lost power, the vrms look fine and stable but I don't know whats causing it. The PSU is fine and has more than 400w headroom at 100% load.

Think thats grounds for an RMA? I had put it off since OCUK was awesome about the other RMA's (4g gaming msi 980, ddr4 faulty ram).

Please see my issue above, MB was RMA, new MB all works still on Bios 1004

Associate
Yeah, I've already done that. Literally at first it was only C1, then randomly it'd switch from picking up 12gb(16 installed) of the kit to the 1 4gb stick in c1 and would then blue screen. Now its not picking up the slots C1, C2 at all lol.

I've been running the sticks for months in B1,B2, D1,D2 and its only in dual channel which limits the performance and I can't OC at all (Using XMP settings blue screens me).

Soldato
Anyone getting high CPU utilization from the system process? It’s been happening randomly now for some time. I end up having the press the reset button as it can take a very long time to reboot.

Associate
Thinking about buying this bundle which features this mobo!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-022-OG&groupid=2833&catid=2512&subcat=2513

noobish question but with a 780ti graphics card (single) which is the optimal pci-e socket? The top one? Does it matter which slot the graphics card gores in with this board?

Also this soundcard will fit ok won't it?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-001-AS

board.jpg

My only concern is the graphics card in the top slot and the soundcard underneath it, the soundcard won't fit as the inno3d 780ti ichill takes up 3 pci-e slots. Can the soundcard go in a pci-3 3.0 16x slot at the bottom for example? If so would it cause issues with the graphics card?

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the exact same setup with the sound card placed into the very top slot and gfx card in PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot :) and I also had it as you suggest but I thought my airflow was interrupted so went for sound card in top slot and gfx in 16x slot 2 (third one down)

Associate
I had the exact same setup with the sound card placed into the very top slot and gfx card in PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot :) and I also had it as you suggest but I thought my airflow was interrupted so went for sound card in top slot and gfx in 16x slot 2 (third one down)

You had your soundcard in PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot? Does that effect performance of the graphics card? I would be happy to have the soundcard in 2nd slot down (PCIe x4 _1)

So just to clarify before I order, I could put my soundcard in the 2nd slot down, this is the right fit for my card regarding slots and my graphics card in the next slot down (3rd down)?

This would work for me, as long as I won't see any performance hits on the graphics card for being in a lower slot (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot instead of PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2=1) slot ? I know some motherboards used to make the top slot the best one, it's been a while since I upgraded so slightly out the loop with motherboard slot performance!

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
You had your soundcard in PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_1 slot? Does that effect performance of the graphics card? I would be happy to have the soundcard in 2nd slot down (PCIe x4 _1)

So just to clarify before I order, I could put my soundcard in the 2nd slot down, this is the right fit for my card regarding slots and my graphics card in the next slot down (3rd down)?

This would work for me, as long as I won't see any performance hits on the graphics card for being in a lower slot (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2 slot instead of PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16_2=1) slot ? I know some motherboards used to make the top slot the best one, it's been a while since I upgraded so slightly out the loop with motherboard slot performance!

:)
you can install your soundcard in the top slot closest to the cpu and you gfx card third one down

Associate
Ordered on of these as well.. Unfortunately I didn't know the -S version was identical mostly otherwise I'd have taken that..

Machine will have a 5930k, air cooled (for now), a fractal design R5 case, 32GB DDR4 and two Xeon Phi cards. Will be a bigass linux workstation/server

**Note** Actually, while double checking, I realized that the -S board only has one single ethernet port instead of two.. And since it's very important for me... Deluxe was the right choice!

Last edited:
Associate
Chapter 1-13 in the deluxe manual recommends PCI slots 1x16 and 3x16 (Not 2x16) for single VGA card use.

Slots 1/3 are set to default x16 where as the 2nd is set to x8 I believe.

Back
Top Bottom