The Baja - Progress Thread

Soldato
OP
Pet duck?
Qwack qwack. Duck eggs are lovely.

Ducks.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Love your car, but is there anything you can do to sort the massive positive camber of the rear wheels? It's bad enough when it's sat on the ground, but when you jump they look like they are going to fall off ;)

Soldato
OP
Love your car, but is there anything you can do to sort the massive positive camber of the rear wheels? It's bad enough when it's sat on the ground, but when you jump they look like they are going to fall off ;)
Yes, I can get an IRS conversion. However it requires

Joints precisely welded to chassis
New gearbox
New driveshafts
New springplats
IRS arms

Roughly a grand to get it done, and is on the list. However there's a long list. :p

I busted a few bits last weekend that need sorting.

Soldato
OP
Just back from VW Action. Oh dear. I have a lot of work to do to get it working again.

I blew the engine on the way home. The rear lights all need re wiring / re thinking. Steering's not so great. Front and rear bars are knackered. Hmmm.

VW%20Action%202010%20431.JPG

VW%20Action%202010%20419.JPG

Soldato
OP
Well, I bet you were grinning the whole time before the issues :D

Should be all the motivation you need to get it up and running! Any chances of upgrades during its "refit"?
I need to attach the bars differently. I will be butchering the front one to give better clearance and mount it better.

The rear lighting needs a rething. They're too vulnerable on the wings with mud and flailing tyres inches away from them.

I'm also hoping to do something with the front to raise it up more.

Different jets in the carbs should help with performance.

Soldato
OP
Yay -the rain has gone and I had nothing else to do. Time to crack on with this!

I've had plenty of time to think about this, but I don't know if this is going to work or not. Still, worth a try.

This is how I left it. Unfortunately the turbo doesn't fit when the alternator is back in.

Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%201.jpg

I had a brain wave. Time for some fabrication.
Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%202.jpg

Now it fits! :D
Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%203.jpg

I'm doing a draw through turbo, so I have to find a way of mounting the carb, and getting the air into the engine... This was going spare...
Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%204.jpg

Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%205.jpg

Hmm, looks about the right size. ;)
Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%206.jpg

Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%207.jpg

Baja%20Turbo%20Manifold%208.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom